HAVC issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you everyone for all your help trying to figure this otlut. Apparently it wasn't the Heater core, nor the bend door or the actuator it was the touch screen that I have I had a setting that turned on that I guess disabled the heat on my side.. I do now have hear after checking all the things everyone provided to check and came to a dead end I started messing with the touch screen.

Attachments

• 20231004_092752.jpg
    20231004_092752.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Remove the motor and move the door rod by hand. Make sure it 'bottoms out' on both sides ...and stops firmly (door not broken off the rod). Move and see if you can get more heat out of the driver's side.

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Remove the motor and move the door rod by hand. Make sure it 'bottoms out' on both sides ...and stops firmly (door not broken off the rod). Move and see if you can get more heat out of the driver's side.

Gonna give that a go on my lunch break

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Most likely a plugged heater core. There are numerous threads on here about them getting clogged. Quite a few folks have had success flushing them out, some have had to replace it, (including me, I had to replace it on both of my trucks)

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

So I tried that, I took it off, and it gets held down by the air flow and then firmly held top when it push up I can also hear the door flopping up and down when I move it as well. So I'm assuming the door bend isn't broken

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Most likely a plugged heater core. There are numerous threads on here about them getting clogged. Quite a few folks have had success flushing them out, some have had to replace it, (including me, I had to replace it on both of my trucks)
Thinking what it is, cause I just checked make sure my bend doors weren't broken and they aren't, but I also noticed the air flow isn't strong on the driver side either compared to the passenger side.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I also noticed the air flow isn't strong on the driver side either compared to the passenger side.
If you didn't add a cabin air filter, you might want to check the evaporator if it's dirty. You'll have to pull the blower motor out, some people use a lighted bore-scope.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had to do that before. Use a borescope ...and eventually take a flexible hose (hooked to a shop vac) and *carefully* suck debris off a coil (using the scope as a guide). That was a non-Ram vehicle. Time consuming but worked!

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you didn't add a cabin air filter, you might want to check the evaporator if it's dirty. You'll have to pull the blower motor out, some people use a lighted bore-scope.
I did a cabin air filter about 4 years ago or added one should I say

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
If this is a factory 8.4 dual Zone ATC climate truck, then there is a separate "passenger side" blend door motor on the back of the plenum box at the firewall you likely won't be able to access without removing the dash/plenum etc. It could be causing the issue as well.

That blend door you pictured, is the main Temp Blend Door though.

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If this is a factory 8.4 dual Zone ATC climate truck, then there is a separate "passenger side" blend door motor on the back of the plenum box at the firewall you likely won't be able to access without removing the dash/plenum etc. It could be causing the issue as well.

i was looking into that, but isn't that for the passenger side? the passenger side has no issue going from hot to cold, or w.e the temperature i set it too. the driver side is the one thats cold all the time. it is the 8.4 dual zone ATC.

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Oh it is? , I do have another bend door, behind my radio/touch screen. I was going based off of this picture that claimed to be for the dual zone picture.png

DirtyHarryDeluxe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh it is? , I do have another bend door, behind my radio/touch screen. I was going based off of this picture that claimed to be for the dual zone View attachment 529577
You are correct in focusing on the actuator behind the glove box. That is the blend door actuator for the driver side. If it had gotten hotter during the engine revving, that would indicate some trapped air in the core that would have most likely originated from an active or previous cooling system leak. I will ask, with the engine up to operating temperature and the HVAC off. Are both of the heater hoses coming out of the bulkhead hot to the touch?

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If one is hot and the other is cold, it just may be as another poster has mentioned and you're experiencing a restricted heater core.
I can try that tomorrow, I did like acouple months ago do a heater core flush of just plain water some black stuff did come out but I've been seeing other post of some adding some cleaner fluid that they pour in there with a hose and let it sit in the heater core for about 15 mins then flush it out again In hope it clears any blockage.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My eyes are not what they once were, but that actuator in Image#1, appears to be broken away from the main housing of the HVAC box.

I may be wrong ?

1696461396793.png

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel