Have you ever hit a deer with your PW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Oh that would have been Dinner! Bow season would have started a month early!

My dad always pulls over if he sees a Game Warden the sene from a wreck with a deer involved. The officer puts a tag on it and helps load it in the back of of my dads truck if it is fresh and off dad goes to get it processed! He said if he hits it, he is definitely taking the evidence with him as payment for his troubles.

Wish we could do that in Québec.

Here is the spoiling festival.

:chair:

Jesse Lackman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Actually come to think about it I've hit a pheasant with this truck too! That's how I broke my license plate frame.

My wife hit a pheasant with our 1985 W-350 crew cab many years ago. It hid dead center in the windshield, and something flew inside the cab. She thought it was the pheasant for a bit, but it was the rear view mirror flying off. There was glass all over in the cab but no one got hurt.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
View attachment 229388 I’ve hit a couple with other trucks so I armored up the PW.
Seeing your roof rack might put me over the edge. Ive been thinking about swapping out my go rhino rack for rhino rack pioneer. Looks good man!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I personally like the low profile. If you do buy one and install it yourself, be damn sure to get the holes for the rivnuts dead in the center of the gutter. I got a little sloppy and it made installing the rivnuts a real bear.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I personally like the low profile. If you do buy one and install it yourself, be damn sure to get the holes for the rivnuts dead in the center of the gutter. I got a little sloppy and it made installing the rivnuts a real bear.
Thanks for the tip, i like that rack bc it so lo-pro. i feel like mine is unnecessarily high. At the time i didnt want to drill into my roof but now i dont really care...lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My daughter crushed 5 speed goats (antelope) and did about 6k damage. All cosmetic, truck soldiered on like nothing happened. To look at it you wouldn't even know that 3 went off the bumper and 2 right underneath. I had to get out a measuring tape to find the issues.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
My daughter crushed 5 speed goats (antelope) and did about 6k damage. All cosmetic, truck soldiered on like nothing happened. To look at it you wouldn't even know that 3 went off the bumper and 2 right underneath. I had to get out a measuring tape to find the issues.

A dash cam of this would have been interesting. What do you tell the insurance company? I hit a herd of goats?? Definitely would have filled up my freezer if goat meat taste like lamb chops!

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
A dash cam of this would have been interesting. What do you tell the insurance company? I hit a herd of goats?? Definitely would have filled up my freezer if goat meat taste like lamb chops!

I've never used one. Speaking of the dash cam, not goats :). What's the best setup?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I've never used one. Speaking of the dash cam, not goats :). What's the best setup?
If you use the power on the dash then you want one with a battery backup as the dash turns off 2 minutes after you turn off the truck.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good brands / bad brands? Minimum resolution? Front only okay?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Good brands / bad brands? Minimum resolution? Front only okay?
Look around on the forum outside of just PW
The Heavy duty answers most of your questions about the 2500 parts that are not PW and the electronic section is full of knowledge. A dash cam won’t be specific to your new truck. Here is one thread to start withhttps://www.ramforum.com/threads/dash-cam-discussion.160157/#post-2261643

the section is very limited. Like oil for example, there is a 62 page thread on that already and those guys are very versed. Check it out. Some of the information we give you here is coming from these other threads. I owned a Raptor and Jeep so try to bring something different to the table too.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
She came over a hill and a whole damn herd was in the road. No stopping at highway speed. Just told the insurance company exactly what happened and they covered the whole works.

*EDIT* I just call them speed goats. They were antelope.

Last edited:

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
She came over a hill and a whole damn herd was in the road. No stopping at highway speed. Just told the insurance company exactly what happened and they covered the whole works.

*EDIT* I just call them speed goats. They were antelope.

It's a good thing that your daughter was OK. Hard to avoid antelope. Got plenty of Pronghorns around this region running at near highway speeds.

Thankfully the herd wasn't the blasted Jackalope.

764aabaa8e2d07b9e2f07352e17af1ff.jpg

Last edited:

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's a good thing that your daughter was OK. Hard to avoid antelope. Got plenty of Pronghorns around this region running at near highway speeds.

Thankfully the herd wasn't the blasted Jackalope.

View attachment 229975

Ah ha...! I see that you've been to Wall Drug, SD also..