HD brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love the PowerStop Z36 set on my Wagon! Noticeable upgrade! Powder coated rear calipers were an excellent upgrade in the “rust-belt”!

976424C6-B2AC-46ED-9E28-71E0EAD46908.jpeg20590D92-5D4E-4686-8525-E455FAE4FD5D.jpeg0ACC141A-5DBB-4DBD-BD0E-07CE05957944.jpegB925C37F-299F-4D91-9AC2-B7105B6F6FA4.jpeg

I have PowerStop upgrades on my WS6, and had them on my Tacoma also! All were a noticeable upgrade in stopping ability!

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always had great luck with the premium rotors and adaptive one Pads from Napa. They last a long time and do not produce a lot of dust.

BobWh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CarQuest. Ram doesn't need them yet, but all other family cars have them, never had a problem. Tier 1 supplier out of Canada.

Frank DC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I got 97,000 miles out of the OEM brakes, but they always felt a little weak. Had same problem finding the Mopar parts. Installed the PowerStop Z36 rotors and pads front and rear and they are a noticeable improvement. Brakes now feel much stickier. Definitely better. Ordered thru Amazon, arrived in a few days. Old guy tip: Bring a handtruck to get them off the porch!

djnelson5460

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Ram 1500 is an ‘18, and I went with Raybestos coated rotors and hybrid ceramic pads front and back and love them. Got them on Rockauto.com, and bled the fluid at the same time. Excellent braking

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've tried most, aftermarket brake manufactures over the years. Never had any that weren't better than oem. Powerstop worked well. My absolute favorite is EBC. They're not cheap, but worth it to me. They have different colors that indicate noise, performance, dust, wear life, etc, so you can find your desired balance. I am currently running their "green stuff" line with slotted and dimpled rotors. They're phenomenal. Before the green ones, I was running the heavy duty towing "yellow stuff". I switched because it was a time for change and I just wanted to see the difference. Green stuff is fantastic, but yellow stuff could put you through the windshield without a seat belt with their stopping power. They've saved my ass a few times on the highway due to jackasses in traffic. Also, I'm running 6 inch bds lift on 37's with steel braided front brake lines.
How long did the yellow pads last ? How much bake dust ? Thanks.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
My Ram 1500 is an ‘18, and I went with Raybestos coated rotors and hybrid ceramic pads front and back and love them. Got them on Rockauto.com, and bled the fluid at the same time. Excellent braking
Lifted truck ? Big wheels and tire set up ?

Most with lifted trucks are going with the powerstop z36 which are meant for towing and trucks with big wheel and tire setups ... if my truck was stock I would probably go with these other brake kits mentioned besides the z36s ...

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Can't go wrong with EBC Extra Duty pads. They are pricey but I have had them for well over 70K miles and there is still plenty of pad left. No squeaks or noise. And they are as grippy now as when they were new. I tow a heavy trailer regularly so i wanted a pad with ultimate fade resistance.

OP
OP
O

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't go wrong with EBC Extra Duty pads. They are pricey but I have had them for well over 70K miles and there is still plenty of pad left. No squeaks or noise. And they are as grippy now as when they were new. I tow a heavy trailer regularly so i wanted a pad with ultimate fade resistance.
That's what I like to hear. Mine should be here early next week. Pads and rotors.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you tried the yellow ones? I've been curious how the orange compare to the yellow on the street.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Never tried the yellow. I put these on after the OEM pads / rotors began to exhibit unacceptable fading at around 85 - 90 K miles. Haven't had to changes these yet. I did pair them up with Brake performance dimpled and slotted rotors. Couldn't find EBC rotors at the time. They seem to be available for my 2500 now. When I need new brakes i will probably go with the EBC rotors as well.

One note is they are not dust free. They do produce a moderate amount of dust.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never tried the yellow. I put these on after the OEM pads / rotors began to exhibit unacceptable fading at around 85 - 90 K miles. Haven't had to changes these yet. I did pair them up with Brake performance dimpled and slotted rotors. Couldn't find EBC rotors at the time. They seem to be available for my 2500 now. When I need new brakes i will probably go with the EBC rotors as well.

One note is they are not dust free. They do produce a moderate amount of dust.
Yeah, the orange and yellow look similar on the charts. Orange has a slightly better fade resist and a longer life. Yellow has a slight bit better control and lower noise. I'll probably try the orange some day even though they're a bit more expensive. Super curious on the blue ones that are for racing and street use approved lol.

djnelson5460

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lifted truck ? Big wheels and tire set up ?

Most with lifted trucks are going with the powerstop z36 which are meant for towing and trucks with big wheel and tire setups ... if my truck was stock I would probably go with these other brake kits mentioned besides the z36s ...
My truck is stock suspension and tires, I tow a 3000lb boat at most with it. These Raybestos brakes have worked great

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Well @the_goodguy07 and I got our Powerstop z36 brakes installed today and wow what a difference!!

Before making quick stops because some idiot pulled in front of you at an intersection or what ever the case may be, you could feel the wheels still spinning trying to stop the big wheels and tires on my truck, mind you I have 20x12 wheels and 37" tires ..

Today after the break in process I did a few hard stop on a dime stops and the truck actually came to a complete stop from 60 mph with very little effort .... I couldn't do that with the OEM brakes ...

Feels like I am driving a regular truck now with the correct stopping power ....

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As long as they have stopping power I don't care how long they last lol .... brakes are something I don't mess around with, rather spend the money for stopping power even if I was to do it twice a year ...but I am good with brakes and have been on all sorts of vehicles ...even my work trucks in the past ...

Do you have a link to the EBC yellow pads ?
Lol, upgrade to a HD and you might be a little more picky. Damn near everything costs twice as much for all that pulling power.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reyzapien88