HD brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cant get them anywhere. OE, that is.
Went to the dealer to have new pads and rotors installed, they put oreilly garabge on there and now they squeak all the time because no one has them. Tried to order online at the factory mopar direct places all say they have them, then you place an order and 5 days later it gets cancelled because they dont have them either.
Hey Ram, stop making stuff in CHINA!!!!!

Any aftermarket options that are good or better than OE?

Thank you

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Hawk pads are good.

The unfortunate reality is that while most people say they hate things being made in China, they don't want to pay for things made in America. My company has our own product line of HVAC parts for heavy duty trucks. At first, we only carried American made products, but had to slowly integrate China made products because we could not compete with our competitors who were selling China made products. Now, more of our customer buy our China made HVAC parts than they do American made stuff. I know a lot of people blame the manufacturers for this, but a lot of it needs to go to the consumer as well.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Replaced the inadequate stock pads & rotors on the wife`s CX9 with Power Stop rotors & pads, made a HUGE improvement! Plan on using them on the ram when the time comes...

bigdodge

Reaction score
Had the z36 power stop and ended up changing to the ebc brake pads an rotor. The power stops felt like stock and the ebc felt like an upgrade.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depending on how old your truck is I'd recommend changing the brake fluid also. Got my 16 used with 64k on it and the pads were either just changed by the ram dealer I bought it from or by the previous owner before they traded it in. The brakes sucked even though they were basically brand new. Went with power stops and changed the fluid and it was a huge improvement.

OP
OP
O

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power stop I'll stay away from. I have seen them on lapping days turn to dust. I used to run stop tech, but they are not as good any longer either. I know of lots of guys that run ebc on their track toys, didn't know if they were good for trucks as well. I'll check them out.
Thanks for all the advice.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
BTW, Power Stop is made by Stop Tech! Don`t know about using "track worthy" compound pads on a heavy duty truck...to each his own!

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been using Napa ceramic pads on all my vehicles for years. No squealing...very satisfied with them.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I've been using Napa ceramic pads on all my vehicles for years. No squealing...very satisfied with them.
I recently needed pads and a rotor. Always buy Mopar parts, but this time, no pads or rotors available. Ended up going to NAPA too.

OP
OP
O

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BTW, Power Stop is made by Stop Tech! Don`t know about using "track worthy" compound pads on a heavy duty truck...to each his own!
I would recommend checking out the ebc website. Lots of knowledge on there.
I used to run stop tech years ago and they have become junk. So it makes sense that they are one and the same.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I cant get them anywhere. OE, that is.
Went to the dealer to have new pads and rotors installed, they put oreilly garabge on there and now they squeak all the time because no one has them. Tried to order online at the factory mopar direct places all say they have them, then you place an order and 5 days later it gets cancelled because they dont have them either.
Hey Ram, stop making stuff in CHINA!!!!!

Any aftermarket options that are good or better than OE?

Thank you

How many miles did you get on the original pads? Do you do mostly city or highway driving?

I'm at 70K miles and most of those are highway - nearly 90% I'd guess.

OP
OP
O

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How many miles did you get on the original pads? Do you do mostly city or highway driving?

I'm at 70K miles and most of those are highway - nearly 90% I'd guess.
107,000. Towing , city, highway....you name it. It's a company truck so it gets used.
Trailer on it about 50% of the time.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Who told you that StopTech makes PowerStop ? Link or it didn't happen !!!

Centric actually makes StopTech .. I have never heard of anyone else making PowerStop brakes though ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I would recommend checking out the ebc website. Lots of knowledge on there.
I used to run stop tech years ago and they have become junk. So it makes sense that they are one and the same.
How are powerstop brakes junk?

Powerstop and stoptech are 2 different companies and are not made by the same people lol .... He must be thinking of Centric, they are the parent company of stoptech ...