Headers - ARH Long Tubes the best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I'm thinking I might just pull the trigger and throw some long tubes on the ole Ram and want the best ones. Are the ARH Long Tubes with Hi Flo cats with 1 3/4 primaries the best for a 4x4? Mods in sig... I'm not looking for the cheapest option at all. I want the best ones that provide the most gains, especially that low end.

And would Moe's be the best option considering they'd have to be shipped to Canada? Don't want to get ***** on that shipping / duty charge.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
I can't speak to the other headers/options besides the ARH headers for our trucks. I went with 1 7/8" as they were out of stock of the 1 3/4 when I ordered, and I'm going to put a blower on the truck eventually. Having done headers on other trucks/cars, I can say that the quality, fit, and installation of the ARH headers (I went with no-cat) are phenomenal. I would probably keep the cats if I did it again to have more sound dampening, and with no cats, large diameter pipes and small mufflers I actually lost a touch of low end torque because I have almost no back-pressure. I also am lucky enough to have a local exhaust shop that does great work cheap, and was able to get a true dual exhaust with x-pipe which sounds awesome to me. What really minor low end grunt I may have lost is more than made up for with the gains as you go up in revs though, these headers really open up the motor. Can't speak on shipping to Canada.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We can help you out. ARH is a very good brand. I also recommend you look into Stainless Works. They are my personal favorite and I have ran them on my personal vehicles. Another one to look at that doesnt get enough credit is the AFE twisted steel headers. All of these options are high quality, have great fitment, and will net good power while all being within a few HP and TQ of each other.

Message me for a quote if interested

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Thanks for the reply... I've been reading good things about the quality and fitment of the ARH headers. Seems they go in a lot easier with less fuss and trouble. I'd be going with the smaller primaries and cats to have more back pressure and maybe **** the neighbors off less.

Nick, will the Stainless Works headers bolt up nicely to an MBRP catback exhaust? I know the ARH long tubes fit with that catback system like a glove. I'll PM you for pricing info. Thanks!

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
If you go with ARH, consider their entire kit, then there is zero fitment issue at the Y pipe. Nick the owner of ARH has a few videos of before and after a of his end to end system. If it were available when I did my ARH LT 1 3/4 with high flow cats, that would have been my setup.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will get ***** on duty. Not sure where in Canada you live, but if you could send it to an American address and go get it yourself, you will save some cash. There are many companies that do this across the boarder. Even a UPS Store at the nearest across the boarder stop from you.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm thinking I might just pull the trigger and throw some long tubes on the ole Ram and want the best ones. Are the ARH Long Tubes with Hi Flo cats with 1 3/4 primaries the best for a 4x4? Mods in sig... I'm not looking for the cheapest option at all. I want the best ones that provide the most gains, especially that low end.

And would Moe's be the best option considering they'd have to be shipped to Canada? Don't want to get ***** on that shipping / duty charge.

You could try TDot,they're in Canada.If you're close to a Mopac in Alberta or BC,they'll usually try to price match ,worth asking that's for sure

https://www.tdotperformance.ca/kooks-stainless-headers.html

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree, Mopac is very good to deal with. They even sent me parts via Greyhound bus - was very inexpensive and I picked my parts up at the bus terminal on a stat holiday!! Can't beat that. That was a couple years ago, not sure if Greyhound still does parcels??

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have ARH long tubes with cats and wouldn't have anything else. Fitment and workmanship is top shelf. I got them from Moe's and Matt gave me some good advise on installation. I think you will be well served to go with the best ARH. I keep reading about people that buy other brands and then when they start the install they say they have to beat one or more of the tubes to get them to fit right. I'd be pissed if I paid a lot of money for headers and then had to beat them with a hammer to make them fit. You won't have problems like that with ARH's. They come with bolts and gaskets although a lot of people use different types of gaskets.
Jay

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have ARH long tubes with cats and wouldn't have anything else. Fitment and workmanship is top shelf. I got them from Moe's and Matt gave me some good advise on installation. I think you will be well served to go with the best ARH. I keep reading about people that buy other brands and then when they start the install they say they have to beat one or more of the tubes to get them to fit right. I'd be pissed if I paid a lot of money for headers and then had to beat them with a hammer to make them fit. You won't have problems like that with ARH's. They come with bolts and gaskets although a lot of people use different types of gaskets.
Jay

Yeah man, I agree... it seems from my limited research that the ARH Long Tubes are the best for my set up. I don't cheap out on any parts. Price doesn't influence my decisions for my truck. I want the best.

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long tube or short???????
Torque or hp big intake high compression lots of gas ******** cam timing large int valve and lift with plenty of scavenging or long tube headers. Lower compression adv cam timing larger exhaust valve and lift shorty headers
With o2 sensor and cats long tube headers are a complete waist of time and money without programming.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Propanedr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with the ARH Long tubes with the HiFlow Cats. Im real happy with mine. Install was not terrible although my truck is 2WD. I had to pull the oil dip stick out so i could fit the driver side headers on. i just bent the mounting bracket on the dip stick tube and fastened it to the valve cover when i reinstalled it. There is an extra long stud up front there with a nut.

There are heat shields on the the motor mounts that i removed to clear the header tubes.

Get two 10mm racheting swivel head wrenches. I say two because i lost one and had to replace it. ( Later found in the frame)

The one i bought was from O Riellys Auto this
I went with the ARH Long tubes with the HiFlow Cats. Im real happy with mine. Install was not terrible although my truck is 2WD. I had to pull the oil dip stick out so i could fit the driver side headers on. i just bent the mounting bracket on the dip stick tube and fastened it to the valve cover when i reinstalled it. There is an extra long stud up front there with a nut.

There are heat shields on the the motor mounts that i removed to clear the header tubes.

Get two 10mm ratcheting swivel head wrenches. I say two because i lost one and had to replace it. ( Later found in the frame)

The one i bought was from O Riellys Auto was my favorite because the swivel head stayed at the angle you set it at.

The home Depot one just flopped around and annoyed the crap out of me.

Im running a Moes HPT cam and Magnaflow muffler. The headers will make your stock muffler set up sound louder. Im really happy with my setup.

Here is another tip that the folks on here gave me:

Get some header wrap. Spend some extra time wrapping your headers !
Move your fuel lines (along the frame) up out of the way. I took the extra time to wrap all of my lines with the heat shield wrap and tape. ( Found this stuff by the header wrap)

You will need two rolls of header wrap a bunch of the stainless steel cable ties ( I found these at Home depot) They sell the ties at the auto parts store too.

Good luck

Ram512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Get two 10mm racheting swivel head wrenches. I say two because i lost one and had to replace it. ( Later found in the frame)

The one i bought was from O Riellys Auto this

Get two 10mm ratcheting swivel head wrenches. I say two because i lost one and had to replace it. ( Later found in the frame)

The one i bought was from O Riellys Auto was my favorite because the swivel head stayed at the angle you set it at.

The home Depot one just flopped around and annoyed the crap out of me.

Im running a Moes HPT cam and Magnaflow muffler. The headers will make your stock muffler set up sound louder. Im really happy with my setup.

Here is another tip that the folks on here gave me:

Get some header wrap. Spend some extra time wrapping your headers !
Move your fuel lines (along the frame) up out of the way. I took the extra time to wrap all of my lines with the heat shield wrap and tape. ( Found this stuff by the header wrap)

You will need two rolls of header wrap a bunch of the stainless steel cable ties ( I found these at Home depot) They sell the ties at the auto parts store too.

Good luck

So u dont need to remove a motor mount?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some people do on the driver's side to deal with the dipstick problem. It just gives you a little more room to work.
Jay

Ram512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How hard is it to remove the shield on the motor mounts, or is it simple?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat