Headlamp Assy Question *URGENT*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brettc9177

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello All,

I’m currently facing an unexpected fault during my headlight build. In taking apart my headlight I ended up breaking a tab on the turn signal lens (See picture). Is there anywhere that I can order this piece individually? Surely when people build their projector headlights this is an ordered part. Attempted super glue but it put a haze on the whole signal and easily broke off when trying to reinstall.

Thanks to anyone who inputs it is very appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
B

Brettc9177

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That’s a bummer. You could buy the lens separate I thought maybe you could get the interior ones separate as well.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How about crazy glue or clear epoxy. Once it's together you'll never know the difference

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello All,

I’m currently facing an unexpected fault during my headlight build. In taking apart my headlight I ended up breaking a tab on the turn signal lens (See picture). Is there anywhere that I can order this piece individually? Surely when people build their projector headlights this is an ordered part. Attempted super glue but it put a haze on the whole signal and easily broke off when trying to reinstall.

Thanks to anyone who inputs it is very appreciated!
duct tape!

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not amber, but still an option.
Although it may be possible to find a cheap set of broken or damaged housings on Facebook for cheaper than that.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1 tab breaking is no big deal, pop it in place using the other 3 and send it. I literally did the exact same thing 2 days ago lol, reflector is still held in place perfectly fine with the remaining tabs.

But if for some reason the tabs alone don’t sufficiently secure it, use clear epoxy or similar to glue the reflector as a whole onto the light. Attempting to just glue the tab back on won’t get you anywhere. Loctite has an “extreme glue” that’s a lot like epoxy but stronger, I’d use that.

And yeah, I wouldn’t try super glue again, it’s not a great solution at all for larger stuff like that and will fog up or even crack the reflector as the glue cures, if used in larger quantities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357