Headlight CONVERSION question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattsRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, I’ve tried researching this issue everywhere and I’m yet to find an answer...
2019 Ram 1500 and I have the halogen headlights. I’m trying to do a swap with another 2019 ram 1500 that has the LED package...yes I know that for my truck to run LED I need the harness adapters. The question I have is, what do I need to do to install the halogens into the LED packaged truck? Does the LED package truck have a adapter on the harness already that I can simply unplug and then that Harness becomes a standard harness like mine ? Or is this not possible at all? Or any type of adapter? Figured I’d toggle your minds here to see if anyone has any knowledge on this subject. Thank you -Matt

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
In the past no one has produced a "down grade" harness. And retro shop is just about to release a adapter harness to go from the base halogen headlights to the led package. I'm sure you could build your own to install the halogen headlights into a truck that came with the led headlights. I'm not sure if it would be a simple plug and play swap or since led's draw less power that the truck with led's would think something is wrong

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

OP
OP
MattsRam1500

MattsRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I figured that. I thought about just using my probe to see what wires do what on the LED truck harness and creating my own harness basically off that. Not sure if it’s all worth it yet or not lol

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
You can use this site to see connector details.

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

As far as finding the connectors and pins you'd need to have a subscription to alldatadiy.com I have a few sites saved that usually carry most connectors. Ram does use a few that are hard to find but usually with some creative searching can find them or another product that uses them

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

OP
OP
MattsRam1500

MattsRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is very helpful, thank you for that. I think I could make something work with knowing those diagrams