Headlight housing experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathantc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 sxt 120
Engine
3.7 V6
ok i don't want to keep wasting money buying crap products.
i got some knock off sport style lights on amazon because everyone keeps saying they are the end all beat all for 2nd gen truck. that being said my low beams are perfect. but the high beams are in the damn sky. if i adjust them down then the low beams hit the ground at only 6 feet from the truck.

i need housings that will give me great low beam coverage like a good projector yet still offer a high beam that can let me see a min of a quarter mile out.

basically i would love the beam patterns offered by my dads 2016 ram 2500

with the knock off sport housings i have they use a 9004 and 9007 bulb. i've tried halogen, led, and hid and well the hid is far superior the high and low beams are to far apart from each other to ever be properly adjusted. even if the weren't i hate the high beam as there is a very very narrow beam. cant see the ditches at all but i could fix that by keeping the lows on at the same times

anyway there are so many options ranging from $40 to $600 and i know from experience you do not get what you pay for with aftermarket lighting. i'm just hoping some on here lives in the country and drives dark hwys and has found a setup that works properly

44332986_924699004392886_8322099091391643648_n.jpg

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I never could find a good set of after market headlights for these trucks. I bought a cheap pair of stock looking headlights off ebay, but the side markers come loose at times. I'm going to try some from LMC truck in the summer.

OP
OP
nathantc

nathantc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 sxt 120
Engine
3.7 V6
I never could find a good set of after market headlights for these trucks. I bought a cheap pair of stock looking headlights off ebay, but the side markers come loose at times. I'm going to try some from LMC truck in the summer.

yeah the ones i have are great quality, just **** poor beam pattern. being as the low beam is exelent in these im tempted to open them up and just buy a bair of rigid spot pods to install for a high beam so i can see more than 100 yards with my high beams.

been thinking of either doing that or getting a good set of projector lights to add pods to so i could finally have good high and low beams.... these damn 2nd gen trucks have the worst lights ive ever had to deal with

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
All 4 bulbs are supposed to light when hit high beam on sport models. If they're not you don't have a full conversion

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set of eBay HID projector headlights with a led high beam bulb. They are good. Not the best. The best is about $1000USD and is have built to your liking

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you do it yourself you can do it for like $200 :D
Probably close to $500 when I looked at the parts. Some of the parts are custom made like the chrome reflector.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Probably close to $500 when I looked at the parts. Some of the parts are custom made like the chrome reflector.
You're either looking at absolute top of the line or something totally different than what most use. I am curious about this chrome reflector though, haven't seen one of those for these. If you got a link handy that would be great. I just use projectors and retrofit them into factory style headlights.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're either looking at absolute top of the line or something totally different than what most use. I am curious about this chrome reflector though, haven't seen one of those for these. If you got a link handy that would be great. I just use projectors and retrofit them into factory style headlights.
They were top of the line but I adding a lot of rgb stuff. The things I remember (all from retro fit source) was RGB projector with the flap for high beams, RGB tube, switchback inner and outer halo, RGB shroud, and accent lighting. I wanted to do this over a year ago. I was doing this on a 4 bulb system but scrapped it. Here is the lights I bought from eBay though

Screenshot_20190214-153831.png