Headlight Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon, this is my first time on the forum. I am so glad I found this I Put aftermarket headlights on my 2015 ram 1500. The new headlights are LEDs the bulbs, high beam and low beam have built-in resistor. I put in a switch back for my turn signal and daytime driving light also has built-in resistor. I am not having any problems on the driver side but on the passenger side, I have hyper flash plus I have no power going in from the factory wiring harness into the wiring harness on the headlight. Nothing at all coming through the harness I checked all fuses. They are all good, I need help. I don’t know if it’s in the original factory wiring harness I have power on the plug for my fog lamps, but none going to the headlight itself. I would appreciate any help at all.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Need to get into the Body Control Computer and change the bulb settings to LED. Will need the ODBLink MX+ OBD plug in module and AlfaOBD prgram to do it. Lots of posts on what to do, but can assist if you need it.

The Rams monitor bulb current draw via the CANbus and any changes to the bulb types changes the current and the computer freaks out (cuts off power to bulbs in some cases). Just changed my headlights and fog lights to LED (have OEM projector housings so the turns are already LED) on my '16 and had to make the changes to make computer happy.