Headlight weird issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FF376

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So my sons 2nd gen (97) lost its low beam lights. Highs still worked. Checked the normal fuses and stuff and all good. If I moved the tilt column up they come on...move it down they go off. So pulled the column covers and knee bolster looking for wiring issues. Nothing. Start the wire wiggle testing. When I move the clock spring wiring they go off and on..... Not the multifunction switch but the separate wiring for the clockspring . now the clock spring has been noisy when turning so I ordered one but I can't find anything in the wiring diagram that shows why it would impact the low beams.... Anybody else seen this?

OP
OP
F

FF376

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Update. Clock spring did not fix the lights. Did fix the rotational noise... Pulled the multi function switch and the connector had cracked and the purple /white wire was loose. Made some repairs to the connections and replaced the switch since it was out anyway and all is well