Headlights and Dash lights Intermittent flickering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So both my headlights and my lights on my dash are flickering and sometimes sticking on even when my switch has them in the off position. No other electrical components are affected (radio, cigaret liter, subwoofer, etc.) When I’m under the hood I can hear and feel a relay clicking. I took out the parking light relay because I though it was coming from there but it’s still happening. I didn’t see a relay specifically for headlights and the dash lights respond to the headlights condition. I’m thinking maybe the switch is bad? But this only happens when the switch is in the off position. If it means anything, I got in a front end wreck on Friday where I need to replace the front bumper but nothing else was touched.
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 V8 SLT
2wd
Any help would be appreciated

justin_b28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So when you checked the relay you’re turning off the headlights and the relay clicks but headlights are still illuminated?

If this is correct then the relay contacts is sticking.

I would think that there are multiple of the same relay like your brake relay. Check the part numbers make sure they’re the same. If so swap them and see if the headlights are still staying on.

If they don’t stay on like before replace the relay. If it does still stay on then you have another problem and I’m thinking (without looking at a wiring diagram) that the only other part is the switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk