headlights replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stickman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
hey guys so i just cant stand the crappy headlights on my 2014 2500. i have been looking around for alternative bulb options and it seems that the best results are from the TYC projector headlights with 50W from retro shop. now my question is my truck has the stock quad light housings, can i make this swap work easily or at least without having to do major rewiring? and is this really the best option? i live in the middle of nowhere eastern washington state and i am tired of dodging deer and bear on my night drives ha!

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
The retro shop is the best way to go but you'll have to send them this question to get the correct answer. I'm sure they have a setup for you.

OP
OP
S

Stickman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
ok i will send them a message for sure just wondering if something like this has been done before or if i am hoping for too much ha

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
LOTS of options, depends on budget really.

The TYC replicas have good output with HIDs, but FXR projectors in them would be killer!

Email me for a quote! [email protected] (or text us at 314-669-HIDS (4437) )

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hey guys so i just cant stand the crappy headlights on my 2014 2500. i have been looking around for alternative bulb options and it seems that the best results are from the TYC projector headlights with 50W from retro shop. now my question is my truck has the stock quad light housings, can i make this swap work easily or at least without having to do major rewiring? and is this really the best option? i live in the middle of nowhere eastern washington state and i am tired of dodging deer and bear on my night drives ha!

You could also have some hid projectors retrofitted into your current headlights for a bit cheaper then going to the factory projector replicas and will have much better performance, but of course the top dog is fxr projectors retro'd in factory projector lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thapr3dat0r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

It's not hard, just a lot of work. If you're handy you can do it all yourself. MANY people have done it. I am in the process of doing it myself. Retrofit them with a set of Morimoto Mini H1 projectors (the only ones that will fit quad headlights) and a set of HIDs from theretrofitsource[dot]com. You can use your stock headlights or buy a set of TYC quads (cheaper than OEM style projectors) to work on while you retain your stockers. While you got them cracked open you can paint the inside of the headlights. Check out HIDPlanet[dot]com also. PM me if you need guidance.

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
Stickman, I live in the counrty too and my biggest regret buying my 2500 was the OEM lights. I went with these (Canbus adaptor option)

2009+ Dodge Ram HID Projector Retrofitted Quad Headlamps

Installation was pretty straight forward: A couple plugs look like they are interchangeable, but look at the pin-outs to figure out which is which. I double-stick taped the Canbus thingys on to the back/side of the headlight housing (you have to experiment to find a clearance spot). I double-stick taped the ballasts to the metal framework.

Anyway, I am pretty pleased with these. I still want to get a set of aftermarket fogs on and point them a bit outward toward the ditches for better side lighting... but the HIDs are still better than stock in that regard too.

insanitize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if there is an LED option for replacement headlights?
I run JW Speaker LEDs on my JK and TruckLite 7" round LEDs on my Commando and they both give better side light dispersion than the HIDs I had in my MINI.