Heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mairj40

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm rebuilding a 2005 Hemi for my truck. The donor engine had dropped a valve seat. I know these engines are prone to this if they are ran hit. What years had this issue? I was going to switch it to Eagle heads to get around it and add some power. But I'm wondering if there are other years that they had remedied the valve seat issue.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any pro rebuilt head should have this problem solved. Pretty much most of the run from 03 to 06-07 it would happen randomly, but you have to get them seriously hot. You could put eagle heads in an 03, but not likely you'd be able to take much advantage of them since the 2003 PCM is absolute **** for tuning (plus you didn't mention a cam; absolutely no point adding eagle heads to such a small cam).

OP
OP
mairj40

mairj40

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any pro rebuilt head should have this problem solved. Pretty much most of the run from 03 to 06-07 it would happen randomly, but you have to get them seriously hot. You could put eagle heads in an 03, but not likely you'd be able to take much advantage of them since the 2003 PCM is absolute **** for tuning (plus you didn't mention a cam; absolutely no point adding eagle heads to such a small cam).

Thanks for the info. I am switching to a 2005 PCM. I'll be adding a cam and getting a custom tune.