Possible to force a regeneration questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSXR1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
First up my truck is an 07 Dodge Ram 3500 with a 6.7 liter Cummins.

I've done some research both on general search engines and on this forum but haven't found any info that match my situation.

Basically I had an exhaust temperature sensor code that prevented my exhaust regeneration from taking part normally and now the filter is full and it says it's operating at reduced power and to contact the dealer. I read that the sensor can simply get dirty, so I pulled it, cleaned it out well, cleared the code and all seems to be fine now after a drive with the exception of the reduced power. I was hoping that once I cleared the code and the sensor was working properly that it would be able to regenerate but no such luck.

I've read multiple articles/threads about forcing a regen either by a specific code reader/programmer or even the possibility of doing one without the aid of one. But as I said, all the details seem vague and I'm not even entirely sure they apply to my specific year/engine for my truck. Just wondering if anybody had some specific advice or insight they could offer me.

Additionally, I'm looking to get the truck deleted so I don't have to bother with this BS in the future. Any recommendations for a kit to get my truck deleted will be greatly appreciated. I'm not looking to race it, "roll coal", or any of that nonsense. I simply want to unfuck the mess that is its current exhaust system, get better gas mileage, improve reliability, etc. As I live in Indiana, emission inspections and the like won't be an issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.