Heated seats-replaced element and still doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fangul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
2014 ram 2500 Laramie.. Heated and cooled seats... Only have soft buttons on screen..

The driver seat heater hasent worked since I bought the truck a few months ago..
Will turn on for a second or two, then turn off. Would never heat up. You can hear the module under seat click on and off.
Seemed like the classic broken element, so I bought an aftermarket seat heater element, wired it in.. But it still doesn't work . Same symptoms. You can hear the module click on and off.

They other weird thing is the passenger side sometimes does the same thing, but most the time works.. It doesn't get real hot though .
Anyone have ideas on what's going on? Could it be a bad module?

Tia

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Sounds like the module under your driver's seat that controls the unit. Mine intermittently does this at - 50. Go figure when I need it most too!!!
It'll go click light comes on for about 10-15 seconds then it shuts off and that's it.

OP
OP
F

fangul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hmm..if it's clicking when on and off, wouldn't that mean it's working?

And yeah, -50.. dang..

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sounds like the module under your driver's seat that controls the unit. Mine intermittently does this at - 50. Go figure when I need it most too!!!
It'll go click light comes on for about 10-15 seconds then it shuts off and that's it.
Isn't that a summer day for you :Big Laugh: Just to make you feel better,we've been running between +5C and +12C lately,and the majority of snow is gone again,i bet you're glad you moved to bluttfluck nowhere:Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Isn't that a summer day for you :Big Laugh: Just to make you feel better,we've been running between +5C and +12C lately,and the majority of snow is gone again,i bet you're glad you moved to bluttfluck nowhere:Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
Hey now that's hostile language sir! :argue: haha. This year has been strangely mild. Lowest I've seen is around - 26 I Beleive. Supposto be around 0 tomorrow. Bluttfluck nowhere is great lived in this spot three years not even a neighbor has come down the driveway to say hi. :D

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine

And yeah, -50.. dang..
No it means the canbus is sending a signal to the module and its not sending a sense signal back if I'm not mistaken. Kind of like a fluorescent light. It'll flicker when turned on then shut off and not work because it's module (ballast) is shot. That's the best explication I have for it haha sorry.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not necessarily. The relay contacts could be worn or burnt so it'll make noise but not make a connection.
You need to measure if there is voltage getting to the element. Also have you checked the fuse(s)?

OP
OP
F

fangul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Ok guys, I have an update...
I checked fuses, all good..I also noticed that the rear seats would do the same thing as the driver seat, turn on for a second or two, and then turn off.
I ordered a used module off of eBay, ad says it's confirmed to work..
It arrived today, and installed it. Good news is rear seats now work, bad news is the driver seat still does not work.. Still does the same thing..
I'm not sure what to do now? Any advice?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the module has to be programed like other modules probably in the BCM, looks like dealer.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I wonder if a Programmer would have an option to make it work
Something like AlfaOBD

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a setting in the alpha obd for the heated seat module I believe it in in config 4 heated seat module enable ?