Heater/AC problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enox814

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
New to the forum here. Got an 04 2500.

When I use my ac or heater the air sometimes comes out the defroster and sometimes it doesn’t even if the knob is on the defroster. Also when I switch it to the front vents it goes to the passenger side floorboard every once in awhile. Anyone know what’s going on?

Also sometimes with a cold start my heater never kicks on at all, even with the truck running at operating temp?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
New to the forum here. Got an 04 2500.

When I use my ac or heater the air sometimes comes out the defroster and sometimes it doesn’t even if the knob is on the defroster. Also when I switch it to the front vents it goes to the passenger side floorboard every once in awhile. Anyone know what’s going on?

Also sometimes with a cold start my heater never kicks on at all, even with the truck running at operating temp?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

From the way you are describing the issue, I think you have an issue with your MODE DOOR. The MODE DOOR is the door responsible for diverting air to the correct location in the HVAC housing so it can exit through the instrument panel and the location you have selected.

My guess is that your mode door actuator is spinning inside the mode door itself and the door is not traveling to the commanded position.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You are looking at about 8 hours removing the dash and replacing the blend/ mode doors. If you do it yourself get all the doors, new Ac evaporator, and heater core. It’s smart to replace all at once while the hvac box is out of the truck.