Hellwig 7960 or 7961???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
Hey everyone!

Adding yet another question :)

Looking at pulling the trigger on either of the above end links but not sure with my Belltech 2/4 drop which would be the better option to go with the adjustability of the Hellwig rear sway bar. Searching here leads me to lots of lifted posts or lowered posts about 2 inch drops and going with the 7961. My mind tells me I need the shorter end links, being lowered 4 inches in the rear.

I'm going to keep looking, but can anyone confirm which would be the better choice? OR if they are using one or the other with a 4 inch drop in the back? Thanks everyone!

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
My experience may be different than what you are seeking

I used the end links in the belltech kit. They worked fine, no need to purchase others.

As to the hellwig. Ran it about 2 weeks, switched it out to a road master 2500 rear sway bar

Better option in my opinion, as I could feel the truck overpower the hellwig in turns.

I'm 2 / 4

OP
OP
t0ymach1n3

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
Thanks for the response

Man, I was not really expecting hear that about the Hellwig setup lol. I'm less than an hour from going to Summit to go pick up the rear sway bar and figure out my end link situation because I put my drop on a few months back and I don't know if I got a pair with my kit or if I might have thrown them away. :oops:

I'm thinking the 6-8 inch adjustables (7960) as the stock end link and a belltech shorter end link (buddy had a set and gave me **** for possibly throwing mine away) are about in that range. More so than the 8-11 inch.

How hard you hitting turns to get that Hellwig to show out like that? Makes me wonder if I bought the right sway bar for my driving style

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I over drove the Hellwig daily. I drive my rig hard, nothing for me to take an 8 hour ride at more than speed limit.

It is my opinion the hellwig is ok as a stock replacement but in a performance application the 2500 bar is better suited. That why I went with the roadmaster.

I've had both and I like a flat steer circumstance better than the dip and roll in the back. The hellwig is on my 11 crew cab that I use for towing. It's also in the front hole of the bar, not in the middle as suggested by hellwig.

When I turn my wheels left or right at speed with the road master my truck responds with minimal dip and roll. It handles very flat like I want.

My opinion you may never feel the difference.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks for the response

Man, I was not really expecting hear that about the Hellwig setup lol. I'm less than an hour from going to Summit to go pick up the rear sway bar and figure out my end link situation because I put my drop on a few months back and I don't know if I got a pair with my kit or if I might have thrown them away. :oops:

I'm thinking the 6-8 inch adjustables (7960) as the stock end link and a belltech shorter end link (buddy had a set and gave me **** for possibly throwing mine away) are about in that range. More so than the 8-11 inch.

How hard you hitting turns to get that Hellwig to show out like that? Makes me wonder if I bought the right sway bar for my driving style
Even the stock rear bar off a 2500 is better then the Helwig bar.If you can find a wrecked 2500 i'd grab the rear swaybar off it,if you can get it cheap.

OP
OP
t0ymach1n3

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
I went ahead with the purchase, being that I have an Express with no tow package, I had to get something back there asap!

I'm searching for a 2500 as we speak. I couldn't believe how much thicker it is compared to the Hellwig. I will say that the Hellwig is for sure better than nothing. It's a bit wet out tonight but I could already tell a difference in the ride.

Suln

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My experience may be different than what you are seeking

I used the end links in the belltech kit. They worked fine, no need to purchase others.

As to the hellwig. Ran it about 2 weeks, switched it out to a road master 2500 rear sway bar

Better option in my opinion, as I could feel the truck overpower the hellwig in turns.

I'm 2 / 4
So i have a 2022 1500 quad cab 4x2, will a 2500 road master be a direct bolt on? Also what should i be searching for to find more options? Thanks

broteinshake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the 2500 road master bar is stiffer than the hellwig bar in the stiffest setting? Or is the road master bar thicker but hollow whereas the hellwig bar is thinner but not hollow?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The roadmaster bar is thicker and solid. It does not have multiple settings like the hellwig.

You can also try a 2500 bar if you have a salvage yard in your area