Help: 4 speed to 7 speed conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnyxDragon87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
Hello all!
So here's what I've got. I want to upgrade my a/c from a 4 speed blower to a 7 speed. Now I understand this involves swapping the a/c bezel but I have no idea what else I'm going to get this to work. The threads I've found are for upgrading the radio specifically; I dont want to get rid of my aftermarket radio, I just want the 7 speed blower. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello all!
So here's what I've got. I want to upgrade my a/c from a 4 speed blower to a 7 speed. Now I understand this involves swapping the a/c bezel but I have no idea what else I'm going to get this to work. The threads I've found are for upgrading the radio specifically; I don't want to get rid of my aftermarket radio, I just want the 7 speed blower. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks
As many of these as I have performed on my customers truck none of them has an aftermarket head unit installed. All of them have been upgraded to the RA4 8.4 radios. I am not certain if you could still install the required HVAC module and the wiring harness and make it work.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It's possible. You'd need the 7 speed hvac module and wiring harness. I believe that there is a 7 speed in the basic hvac. That might be a little harder to find. Otherwise you'd basically need the module, harness, 8.4 mtc hvac bezelw/controls, then get the Metra bezel to go from the 8.4 to a dd radio. And alphaobd, obdlink mx, and a android or windows device to program the 7 speed hvac. If you don't already you'd probably want to add idatalink maestro rr and ch3 harness to retain all the controls and options.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman