Help anyone . I'm lost what to do next

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davegill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2013 ram 1500 5.7 with 8spd. While doing a burn out heard a light pop sound now truck will not move unless put into 4 wheel drive and then it pops in and out of gear. No codes are showing and I'm lost

slickwilly63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013 ram 1500 5.7 with 8spd. While doing a burn out heard a light pop sound now truck will not move unless put into 4 wheel drive and then it pops in and out of gear. No codes are showing and I'm lost
Next thing you should do is call a tow truck because you done broke your truck

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

slickwilly63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you lost like you don't know where you are or.......

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Davegill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's in my garage .that where happens at .was seeing what exhaust sounded like and that's when I broke something just not sure what or why

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's in my garage .that where happens at .was seeing what exhaust sounded like and that's when I broke something just not sure what or why
Crawl under the truck and see if you can see anything obviously broken like the drive shaft or u joint. It sounds like you broke that or possibly broke your differential or an axel. If you don't see any obvious damage have someone look while you put the truck in gear and give it a little gas and see if the drive shaft for the rear differential spins. If it spins and the truck doesnt move you broke your differential or an axel. If the drive shaft doesn't spin I would lean towards a problem with the transfer case. If the output shaft on the transmission wasn't working the truck wouldn't move even if you put it in 4 wheel drive so the transmission is most likely ok but you never know until you check it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Davegill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for advice. The front drive shaft spins when put in gear but not the rear.when in 4 wheels drive and moving it's all the front pulling nothing from rear .also when in 4 wheel drive there is a few second delay before it'll engage

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Almost missed the period in the sentence about the rear drive shaft not turning, when in 4X4. That would mean your transfer case and rear differential is hosed. If the rear driveshaft is spinning while in 4X4 the rear diff should be fine.
I'm guessing you have the BW 44-44 transfer case with Auto 4X4? That would explain the delay.
Probably your best bet is to find a transfer case from a salvage yard, it's probably the same one used from 13-18(and the 19/20 Classic) trucks so finding a low mileage one shouldn't be a problem.
You could also swap in a BW44-45 transfer case if you want a transfer case that's better off road, it doesn't have the Auto 4X4 function.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/bw-44-44-to-bw-44-45-swap.132570/

OP
OP
D

Davegill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks everyone for the help and just ordered a transfer case with 40 k on it for next to nothing.appresciatte your time and knowledge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohamed elgalal