Help choose my lift please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kscales

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Hemi
Hi guys, love this forum, you all have great looking trucks!

I have a 4x4 2010 Ram 1500 Sport. I have leveled it with the "mopar" superlift 2.5' kit and installed 35's but it is not enough in my opinion.

I have narrowed it down to three lift kits.

1) Rancho 4 lift, Only reason I like this lift is the sample pics of the lift on the rancho site look perfect to me with 35's

The negatives are having to buy Rancho shocks for the kit that are no better then the shock shocks.. Rancho does not offer a 9000XL for our trucks. Plus, If I think it is not high enough I wasted my money.. remember I am on a 2.5 level right now.

2 & 3) Zone 4 or 6 kit but which one?

I have not seen any pics of a Zone "4 at all. I heard one member say the 4" looked tiny next to his 6" Zone lift.. Has anyone on this forum installed a 4"?

I am worried if I go with a 6" and keep the 35's it is going to look to high with small tires... I cant seen to find good pics of the 6" zone (6 Front & 3 Rear) with 35's. It seems everyone goes 6/5 with 37's

My last option could be going with the Zone 4" and installing the Bilsteins shocks with the ajustable height.. that way I could dial in 5" or 6" in the front and use a spacer is the rear to level when I find the right height I like.

See my dilema? to many options... Please help me decide.

Please post pics or 1st hand knowledge and opinions.

Thanks in advance..

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Hey man, welcome to Ram forum.

I would go with the 6" lift. I do not think 35's and that lift will look small at all. Plus it seems that once you start going up you always want more. I believe there was a member that had or has the 4" mopar lift.

I do not have a lift so I can't post pics, just opinions

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Welcome to the forum!

Personally I have the Pro Comp 6" lift. Here are pics with my old 35" Trail Grapplers.

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

I know quite a few running 35s/6" lift. It looks good, but like you mentioned, 35s looked to small for me so I'm now running 37s. 35s will look good and you can run them for now and then next time you buy tires you would then have the option of going a little bigger with 37s. For the price you pay, I find it very difficult to advise somebody to a 4" kit vs. 6" kit.. If you are trying to stay garage-height then you'd want to get a 4" or if you know you never want to go bigger than 35s. Lifting a truck can be like a disease though, you always want to go bigger.

If you do want a 4" kit I'd really recommend the Rancho lift. I know you said you can't get the upgraded shocks now, but chances are they will have some down the road for our trucks and when your shocks would need replacing you could then upgrade them. I had a Rancho lift on my last truck and really liked it and almost bought one for this truck, but then decided on the 6" lift at the last minute (and glad I did).

I got this from another forum I'm on, but this guy just put the Zone 4" lift on his truck with 35s.

Hope that helps you some. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
for me that 4" looks great, but i don't think that the truck would fit in the garage anymore :(

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Depends on the age of the house really. For me a 4" and 35s would have still fit. I know some that barely still fit with a level. LOL

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Yeah that 4" looks pretty good.
Could also look at BDS lifts too.

My truck stock does not fit my garage

OP
OP
K

kscales

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Hemi
That zone 4" looks really good! I searched and could not find a pic... thankyou!

Does anyone know what is actually different between the zone 4 & 6 kit? Is it a different spindle in the front and a longer rear spring? Meaning If I went 4 and then decided down the road to go to 6' could I swap out the different components to the 6" pieces?

I am most likely going to go with the Bilsteins right from the get go just for the adjustibilty.. then I could go up to 6"8 total (4 + 2.8)

Do the rears offer the same height adjustment or not really worth getting?

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The rear Bilsteins are not worth getting in my opinion because they are not adjustable, only the fronts are.

I really don't know the difference between the 4" and 6" lifts. I'm assuming no preload spacer in the front for one thing. I don't think you can just "add" on to a 4" to get a 6" though.

OP
OP
K

kscales

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Hemi
Can you PM me the link to the forum/thread where you found the pics of the Zone 4" lift installed, just want to see the other comments about that lift.

BTW- do you tow anything with your truck? curious about feedback with the lift and 37's.I have a Tourny boat I pull that weights about 6K that is the biggest reason I dont want to go to 37's because the loss of power from the bigger tires...

Thanks in advance

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
PM sent.

I've never towed, but I'm sure it would be able to handle it fine. Do you have 3.92s or 3.55s? You can always regear which is what I'm planning to do next year.

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The blue truck above is mine. I stumbled across this forum today - what a coincidence! Anyway, I love the kit and got it for a very reasonable price ($1800 Installed) I could've got the 4" or 6" for that price. I drive quite a bit and just could never see going to 37's so I decided on the 4". But if for some reason, I ever did want to I called Zone just to see what it would entail. I was told that there is only 1 of 5 boxes of parts different between the 4"/3" lift (Mine) and the 6"/3" lift. That is box number D2604 $488.65. However if you want to go with the 6"/5" kit, you'll need to purchase the new rear coil springs as well, but I didn't get a price on those. The only thing that I am not thrilled with on the lift is the gap between the front differential and the skid plate, thus providing less ground clearance and I actually may fab a new one. Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
MiRamDriver
Welcome To Ram Forum. That's a great looking truck you have.

OP
OP
K

kscales

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for all the great feedback!

Miramdriver- Thank you for joining the forum just to answer some of my questions.

I spoke to Zone today, and he confirmed but not in as much detail as you that you can purchase the parts to make it the 6..although he was not pushing that to much..

still hard deciding between 4 and 6. I stopped @ a used car lot that had a 2009 ram lifted with a RC 6 kit it looked with 35's cehck my math BF KO 325/60/20 = 35.00 I think.. I saw a bit of "gap" over the rear wheel where you can see into the frame but overall it looked good.

I also called the local offroad shop for pricing.. $1750 for the 4" and 1900 for the "6 with a $900 install..

Pretty pricy compared to online... if you guys know of any sweet deals let me know please...

I am going to call around for other quotes on install as well.

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the great feedback!

Miramdriver- Thank you for joining the forum just to answer some of my questions.

I spoke to Zone today, and he confirmed but not in as much detail as you that you can purchase the parts to make it the 6..although he was not pushing that to much..

still hard deciding between 4 and 6. I stopped @ a used car lot that had a 2009 ram lifted with a RC 6 kit it looked with 35's cehck my math BF KO 325/60/20 = 35.00 I think.. I saw a bit of "gap" over the rear wheel where you can see into the frame but overall it looked good.

I also called the local offroad shop for pricing.. $1750 for the 4" and 1900 for the "6 with a $900 install..

Pretty pricy compared to online... if you guys know of any sweet deals let me know please...

I am going to call around for other quotes on install as well.

325/60/20's are between 34.7" - 35.5" depending on the MFG. What state are you located in?

Also, I'm 99% sure that my installer lied to me and that my lift is the 6"/3" lift after doing some research - take that into consideration.

Last edited:

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
i know this is for the forth gen but i love my 6inch pro comp on my 3rd

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I run the 6/5 zone lift with adjustable front shocks set to max running Mickey Thompson MTZ 35"'s. I love my lift and I am very happy with it. I would recommend Zone!!

DSC_6643.jpg

OP
OP
K

kscales

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Hemi
Im going to take a pic of my truck for you guys... I have two sets of wheels and tires for it. The 1st set are a MOTO 951 with BFG KO 285/65/20 I also have a set of Black Rockstars with Nitto Terra Grappler 295/60/20 I believe they should work out to 35's but the Nitto's look smaller because of the sidewall compared to the BFG.. BTW- I got a good deal on both sets of wheels that is why I have 2 sets.

I have the Rockstars on right now and my biggest fear is the wheels will look to small with the 6" I am thinking I really want the 6 but the 4 could look better...

@MIRAMDRIVER.. That is very interesting, I took the measurements you had on the other forum and your Front is 3" higher then my truck ( my truck has the 2.5 superlift/mopar level kit.. Your rear is 1" higher then mine.. I am cheating a bit over stock because I have air bags and have them inflated to get a bit of lift.

I am going to re check my measurements tomorrow on perfect level ground and also use a jack to raise the the truck up to your #'s so I can see exactly how it looks..

Know you got me thinking I should go 6".

Big Horn.. I might take you up on that offer, I want to see how much I can get the Zone for online 1st though.. Please PM me any additional info as I know that is the best kit.

I am in Canada by the way, ( British Columbia) but have a USA warehouse just across the line for receiving my USA purchases..

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Keep it coming..

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'd go 6", no questions. Of course I'm biased, because that's what I did. I went with a 6 inch RCX lift, and so far, I love it. Still thinking Bilsteins for the front, mine's not quite level, but that will have to wait.

Attachments

• IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 246