Help! Corroded ABS connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
So my brake and ABS lights came on. Got the ABS scanned at Just Brakes and there were 4 errors "indicating the ABS module was bad".

Found an awesome seller on eBay that'll rebuild the ABS module for about $60 so I decided to pull the module myself and send it in.

Got the module off and found that 2 of the connectors were corroded off into the electrical connector.

Anybody have any ideas for getting the electrical connector in a condition to receive the rebuilt ABS module? I tried tweezers and dental picks to get the corroded connectors out of the electrical connector but no luck.

Is there a harness that can be purchased to replace my dirty one?

Help please!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423699826.076712.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423699843.742982.jpg

Sent from San Antonio, Texas

Last edited:

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would be going to a wrecker and grabbing a used one and harness connector looks like your module was a bad connector when you install the new one use dielectric grease in the plug

OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I would be going to a wrecker and grabbing a used one and harness connector looks like your module was a bad connector when you install the new one use dielectric grease in the plug

How difficult is it to pull out the old corroded harness and wire up the replacement harness? Is this a simple "plug and play" thing or something incredibly more complex?

Sent from San Antonio, Texas

Treeshark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 ST 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8
I'm wondering if those corroded connectors aren't actually the problem. I have seen many situations, especially on aircraft where bad connections will give indicators that components are bad. I'd fix that before I got the module re-done.

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you splice the new connector onto your harness a little solder and heat shrink to simple just cut the new one off with 5-6 inches of wire and yes the ABS module is probably fine inside and its just the plug.

OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
you splice the new connector onto your harness a little solder and heat shrink to simple just cut the new one off with 5-6 inches of wire and yes the ABS module is probably fine inside and its just the plug.

Hey Trenton, that's what I was thinking too. Just wondering how sensitive the pig tail will be to splicing a new one in place. My son is very adept at soldering and has wired his own electronics on numerous occasions.

I might give that a whirl and see what comes of it.

Now to find a 3rd Gen at the wrecking yard!

Last edited: