Help do we have a factory amp?? Where is it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melleb03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Help we are trying to install subs and feel we might have a amp but no clue where.....2023 warlock!

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
If you have one it's hidden under the steering wheel kick panel area. I think it's 2 ohm or 8 ohm something weird though. Probly better/easier to use a loc-2 converter then just rca into the back of your aftermarket amp.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Also welcome to the forum.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Help we are trying to install subs and feel we might have a amp but no clue where.....2023 warlock!
That all depends. Do you have the base six speaker system or the crappy nine speaker Alpine so-called " premium " system? Do your speaker locations have the Alpine logo on them? If not then you have a base system and no amp. If you have the Alpine system you have the crappy factory amp. You would also already have a small subwoofer with minimal output that rolls off frequency as you crank the volume up.

OP
OP
M

melleb03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok cool I wanted to double check because there is a fuse In the amp slot, but we looked everywhere. Thanks appreciate it

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Ok cool I wanted to double check because there is a fuse In the amp slot, but we looked everywhere. Thanks appreciate it
That doesn't necessarily mean anything. My truck has fuses in many of the slots that aren't used. They are just spare fuses. I'm pretty sure it factory they just fill most of the slots with the appropriate fuse rather the feature is there or not on the truck. Like I said, my amp slot is has a fuse but I only have the six speakers sound. It's funny how they will pinch pennies on some things and then other things they could care less about spending a few extra cents on when building a truck.

OP
OP
M

melleb03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Also welcome to the forum.
Thanks lol and we don't think we have one if so it's no where to be found....and does anyone know if your output stops working would all 4 speakers stop working and not just 3 of them? Only my passenger side works (front)

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Thanks lol and we don't think we have one if so it's no where to be found....and does anyone know if your output stops working would all 4 speakers stop working and not just 3 of them? Only my passenger side works (front)
Your radio is factory right? That sounds like a wiring or a speaker problem never heard of a speaker driver in the factory radio going bad. Not saying it's not possible. But all but one wouldn't make sense I'd check the connections at the speaker with the stereo running and check the Rubbers in the door jam, wiggle them around see if you make some. Sort of connection. That's usually the weak point wherethe wires will break and lose connection.