Help help help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
On Saturday I went to pick up my truck from the dealership cause they had the dent in my roof repaired at a body shop. Upon inspection of the truck, there was scratches all over the floor in the box, and some in the hood. Let me say at this point that I believe the scratches in the box was done by the body shop, but the ones in the hood i believe was done at the dealership when they washed it cause it looked like they used just water and a rag for a quick clean if you understand what i mean.

Now the dealership is going to buff out the scratches, but I think they are going to do it rather then send it to a professional, and that has me scared.

How will I know if the paint and clear coat are ok after they are done.
Can they make the clear coat thinner by doing this.

Honest to god this has being a nightmare from the day I bought the truck and I'm ready to just give up.

Here are some pics.

Can someone please help cause I don't know what to look for when it comes to damage after the buffing.

Attachments

• 20140222_084834.jpg
    20140222_084834.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20140222_084845.jpg
    20140222_084845.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20140222_084936.jpg
    20140222_084936.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 35

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
I'm afraid I cant help, but DAMN I'd be pissed. Good luck!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Those scratches are too deep, they need touch up paint and repaint the hood. Usually they would tape off scratch and just spray it, and usually you can only notice it if you really look for it. Good time to get that bed lineXed? Anyhow, they should be paying for it, GL

The rule is if you can really feel the clear coat with your nail, if can't be buffed.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
That's a good rule, I'm no pro by any means but those look to deep for buffing.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
Were the papers signed? I would refuse possession until they get you a new truck then ***** for a better deal or added options, or accessories.

If you already signed, *****, *****, *****, in a very polite manner. Speak with only the manager or owner, and ask for the corporate number.

Stand your ground, but be calm, polite, yet assertive!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I am beyond pissed because this dealership don't want to take responsibility for anything.from day one they tried to blame everything on me so now it looks like I'm going to have a brand new truck with bondo on the roof fresh paint on the roof hood and box I should have just kept my old truck. I wish there was some way to figure out how much all my truck has depreciated from all of this work

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi 2014-RAM-SPORT,

While I can feel your pain, wouldn't it be beneficial for others in your area to know who the dealer is so they might be able to avoid the same kind of nonsense? I keep reading this stuff and most don't tell us who the dealer that is messing with them is. Maybe if we, as the customer base would name the location and name of the dealer they would be a little more hesitent to pull this kind of garbage.

Again sorry to hear about your misfortune, and hope you get it sorted.

preachp

OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
OMG.. . I got in contact with Chrysler customer care with my claim number to notify them that my truck was back from the body shop and have scratches all over it. and this is what they said to me and its word for word " the warranty doesn't cover workmanship that you have to go after the dealership". what the hell does that mean. I just about fell off my chair.

anybody wanna buy a 2014 Dodge Ram sport semi damaged

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't let them buff that, specially if its an amature job. It will pull up clear around that scratch. It is to deep to be taken care of by just buffing. Stand on someones desk till its acceptable and probably a good idea to consult a lawyer if you haven't already. Good luck hope you can get it taken care of.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
at this point I don't want to name names because I don't want to be liable for a lawsuit. there has to be some organizations that holds all dealerships accountable to their customers. at first I told them to replace the cab or the truck Livermore they will not do neither and there doesn't seem to be anybody that can make them.

does anybody know what I should be looking for after they have buffed my truck to make sure no further damage has been done

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If they don't treat you right, don't hesitate to go to small claims court. Get a couple of inflated estimates from high end shops. Judges are not friendly to shops doing bad behavior like this.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have already contacted the lawyer and his remark to me was its not worth the money I would spend. I'm in total agreeance with everybody when they say don't let the buff It but the dealership is saying it will work I know full well it won't and if they screw up the paint then they are liable and that's more evidence for court

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Small claims is a lawyer free zone and anything up to 10k max. If it was my truck and they didn't fix it after f'n it up, I would get a few of the highest estimates I can find and screw them just like they screwed me. You owe it to the next guy to ensure they don't get away with it.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
UPDATE:....

I dropped by the dealership tonight to check on my truck, the scratches on the hood were gone with no damage to the paint or clear coat, but the scratches in the box floor were somewhat still there,but the dealership put a set of step sides on the truck, a box liner in the box, and a tonneau cover on the truck, and all at no charge to me, so I think at this point I'm going to be ok with the way things turned out. I got a really good interest rate for the first 12 months, so after the 12 months I'm going to trade it in for a 2015 WITH NO DAMAGE TO THE NEW TRUCK. The manager said that I would break even with what I would have owning on my truck on a trade in.... and I brought the trade-in idea to him to see if the work would bring down the value of the truck, so far so good.

DID i DO GOOD, OR DID THEY SEE ME COMING YET AGAIN....

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
I don't know if you'll be happy with your trade in value, it appears our value is better suited for time then for a quick turn around. A lot of the forums I've read about turning around and trading in the newer rams didn't pay off. Because of all the deductions you get on the new vehicles. Brown around on the forum for what others have experienced in that aspect. But I'm glad they got you taken care of.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
U did good. Bottom line all these beds should have a liner anyway, so scratches in the bed aren't chit. In fact, they have to scratch it to install lineX anyhow. Congrats

I would say they accepted responsibility and then some.

Phobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't they come with an option to add a bed liner? And on a lease why wouldn't they be able to at the cost into the lease price. Who the hell doesn't want a bed liner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk