Help: I just purchased a 2020 1500 Limited.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerry Sparks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 VTT
I purchased a 2020 1500 Limited; I test drive the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited before ordering my truck. After about 100 miles, I noticed an issue. The issue deals with the lowering setting. In the 2019 Limited, the truck would automatically lower itself once in park, and the doors locked to the Enter/Exit sitting, or the lowest height. However, the 2020 Limited does not, it stays in the Aero Sitting, and you must lower it manually. I went to visit my local dealer, who informed me the 2020’s no longer supports this feature. Is this true? Or is there a sitting which can be changed? Its important, because my wife has mobility issues, and the lower sitting was a big part of us buying truck. Thank you for any help. Jerry

Salty1945

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 19 Limited and mine will not stay down as you described when you turn it off. If you want it to go down for access you must hit the lowering switch on the dash before you turn the ignition off and it will stay down till you start it again. Salty

psimpson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 19 Longhorn won't go to entry/exit mode unless you hit the switch.. After an accident I was wheelchair bound and it helped a bunch getting in and out.