Help Me Choose a Continental TerrainContact A/T Alternative with 3PMSF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mopar is having a special on tires, buy three get the fourth for $1.00. I have a 2019 1500 Classic and am ready to replace the Wrangler SR-A's. I am looking for a all terrain with the 3PMSF designation. My driving is mostly highway but need a tire that can get me through mild off road stuff to include snow, as I will be driving through mountain passes this winter. I was set on the Continental TerrainContact A/T...unfortunately they are not 3PMSF tires. I am now looking at the following tires and would like any input from others with experience or other recommendations. I will be purchasing 275X65X20 LT tires.

Hankook Dynapro AT2 (RF11) - Local tire shops recommend highly.
Cooper Discoverer AT3-4S - Received 2018 SEMA award.
Falken WildPeak AT3W - Very popular in my area but I am concerned about highway driving, very good off road.
Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus - New tire, not many reviews out but rated very positive.
Yokohama A/T G015 - Seems to be closest to the Continental TerrainContact out of all with 3PMSF rating.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

So lets hear what works for you!

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Check out the General Grabber ATX tires.

I live and commute from the San Bernardino Mountains (50% mountain/50% freeway) and I wouldn't use any other tire. They are the only ones that hold up for me and they do great in the snow.

OP
OP
R

Rollo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check out the General's.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I like Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. I'm using 305 55r20s, they're quiet and work great in snow. They're mountain snowflake tires, and are working great for me in , the dry, the constant Puget Sound rain, winter ice and local mountain logging roads.

I've heard reports of wimpy sidewalls, but mostly lightly rated tires on jeeps. Mine are load range E, and seem durable enough for Pacific Northwest winter's.

OP
OP
R

Rollo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. I'm using 305 55r20s, they're quiet and work great in snow. They're mountain snowflake tires, and are working great for me in , the dry, the constant Puget Sound rain, winter ice and local mountain logging roads.

I've heard reports of wimpy sidewalls, but mostly lightly rated tires on jeeps. Mine are load range E, and seem durable enough for Pacific Northwest winter's.

Thanks for the reply. I really like the Duratracs! I was even considering them before, but after really thinking about the type of driving I do, I realized they are to aggressive.

OP
OP
R

Rollo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to BrewCrew and Cableman, I have added another tire to the mix and removed two. Now I am looking at:

Hankook Dynapro AT2
Cooper Discoverer AT3-4S
Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus
General APT

Looking to hear experiences with any of the above, good and bad. Need to narrow this down.

Thanks

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
General is continental's light truck tire brand, I'd be surprised if the general apt is meaningfully different in any way from terraincontact at

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good Year Ultraterrain is very good snow rated tire. Similar to Duratrac, but better on Hwy.

OP
OP
R

Rollo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally made a decision and pulled the trigger on a set of BFG KO's. I decided to stay with the stock size of 275x60x20 but still wanted a LT tire. This limited my options. With the limited selection I had now, they seemed to give me what I needed, plus I received a killer deal.

Scotts Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally made a decision and pulled the trigger on a set of BFG KO's. I decided to stay with the stock size of 275x60x20 but still wanted a LT tire. This limited my options. With the limited selection I had now, they seemed to give me what I needed, plus I received a killer deal.

do you have any pics with this set-up?