Help me choose which truck

Black or White

• Black

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • White

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
When buying pre owned I'm a fan of non-modded vehicles. You have no way of knowing who did the mods, and if they were done correctly. The black one is my choice. If the truck has been properly maintained (very important) I wouldn't worry about the miles. Good luck on your decision.

Oops, I missed the part where it had body damage. However, I still wish you luck

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2 cents...get either one. The one that seems stock might not have been. Many people tune/mod their truck and then put it back to stock when selling or trading it in.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
....why would anyone worry about - payload- nothing that can fit in the box can weigh very much....
Because the payload capability has a huge impact on how much you can tow with it. Tongue weight of a trailer counts as payload. Most people who want to tow things like travel trailers are shocked at just how little payload a diesel Ram 2500 can have. My 2500 Bighorn with 6.4 gas engine has a payload of 2975 so with my 1000 pound tongue weigh trailer I still have gobs left for passengers and stuff in the truck. The same truck with a diesel would have a payload of only about 2,200 so a family of 5 with the same trailer could be bumping up against payload/GVWR limits and most fifth wheels would definitely be a no-go. I've seen 2500 Diesel, mega cab, limited configurations that have less payload than my old GMC 1500 had. That's why payload is important, even with a short box. Sounds like you wouldn't care for your usage but for many of us its the most important number.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Just because you can fit it in, or get it rolling down the road…. DOES NOT mean you can STOP!!!!

Part of the towing capacity has to do with the brakes capability as well. :waytogo:

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Did you get underneath? I say the black one for the same reasons as Wanted33, but until you crawl under and look for rust it's still a toss up.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm currently looking at 2 different 2017 2500s. Both are Laramies. Both are leveled, have 35" tires in good shape The white one does not have the full center console which I really covet, but only has 76000 miles and just had a new deal installed transmission installed, has been dpf and egr deleted with an aftermarket exhaust. They are asking $47,900. The black truck has 122000 miles does have the full center console, and has not been tampered with, has the 18" wheels which I also prefer and they are asking $37,999. Any reasons you all have for choosing one over the other??
View attachment 501182
View attachment 501181
Curious on why you want to get a new truck,looks like you already have a 2015 Cummins,is there something wrong with it? I could see it,if you were buying new,but sounds like you're trading a truck off that you know,on an unknown truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357