Help me spend money!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

local

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have my bonus in hand and it is significantly more than I had expected. So I am accelerating my to do list. Currently I am going to do the following immediately:

Leveling - Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1"
Running Boards - Still not sure on which ones
Floor mats
Painting grille - Body color surround /w satin black insert
Replacing dented rear bumper - Satin Black
Front bumper??? - I have not decided how I want to handle the front bumper, either powder coating the existing chrome lower bumper satin black or aftermarket, but I have not found any aftermarket bumpers I like.

Future to do list:
Wheels & Tires - I want to use these tires up before tossing them.
Gears - 3.21 to 3.92
Headers - Probably going shorty as I am tired of dealing with long tubes for now.
Ported TB
Headlights - Too chrome
Mirrors - Friend of mine should have some black non-towing ones laying around

Wishlist:
Non-MDS more aggressive Cam and Lifters - MDS already deleted

So what am I missing? Looking for opinions on what to add to the do it now category or what future items I should move to now, thinking I am going to move up the header install already.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would do wheels and tires first and plan around that.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We can help you with pretty much everything on that list. Message me for a quote

Leveling - Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" go with a full setup from ICON, stage 2 and ICON UCA's with Delta Joints
Running Boards - Still not sure on which ones AMP running boards
Floor mats Husky
Replacing dented rear bumper - Satin Black ADD bumper
Front bumper??? - I have not decided how I want to handle the front bumper, either powder coating the existing chrome lower bumper satin black or aftermarket, but I have not found any aftermarket bumpers I like. ADD bumper

Future to do list:
Gears - 3.21 to 3.92 yukon
Headers - Probably going shorty as I am tired of dealing with long tubes for now. what is the issue with the LT's? We sell mostly Stainless Works and Kooks with no issues
Ported TB
Headlights - Too chrome Morimoto XBLED headlights

since you already have exhaust, intake, and catch can I would add a Pedal Commander to the list. Also COre 4x4 rear control arms, end links, and pan hard bar.

Let us know if we can help with your awesome mod list!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOCAL: If that money burning a hole in yer pocket, send some my way. I have to get my roof replaced, and the bill is arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh...:signs16:

ADDED; Tires and wheels first....They keep U safe

OP
OP
local

local

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We can help you with pretty much everything on that list. Message me for a quote

Leveling - Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" go with a full setup from ICON, stage 2 and ICON UCA's with Delta Joints
Running Boards - Still not sure on which ones AMP running boards
Floor mats Husky
Replacing dented rear bumper - Satin Black ADD bumper
Front bumper??? - I have not decided how I want to handle the front bumper, either powder coating the existing chrome lower bumper satin black or aftermarket, but I have not found any aftermarket bumpers I like. ADD bumper

Future to do list:
Gears - 3.21 to 3.92 yukon
Headers - Probably going shorty as I am tired of dealing with long tubes for now. what is the issue with the LT's? We sell mostly Stainless Works and Kooks with no issues
Ported TB
Headlights - Too chrome Morimoto XBLED headlights

since you already have exhaust, intake, and catch can I would add a Pedal Commander to the list. Also COre 4x4 rear control arms, end links, and pan hard bar.

Let us know if we can help with your awesome mod list!

I will look over this list and provide my comments in full later. Good catch on the suspension components though I don't think about that stuff on a truck.

Pedal Commander, maybe, I'm going to see what I can do with HP Tuners first but to be honest I am not that unhappy with the throttle response as I am coming from a 2000 7.3L Diesel. As far as I am concerned this thing has instant response compared to that.

LT Headers were a bit of a headache to get working right with the rear O2 sensors on my Camaro. It has ARH headers with modified corvette rear O2 sensors and I still had to get the tune just right for them to read correctly. Plus there is the constant harassment from people about how I got them to be emissions legal, it is a secret between HP Tuners and myself. I am just tired of dealing with that and want something cheaper and simpler since I am not going for maximum gains in power here.

I would do wheels and tires first and plan around that.

ADDED; Tires and wheels first....They keep U safe

Why throw away ~8k miles worth of tire when they are not bad? I will go through that in about 4 months so I want all the life I can get out of each set.

Also LOL at safe, if I was concerned about safety I would drive a Volvo.

What's a bonus?

Money that should only be used for fun stuff.

OP
OP
local

local

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you think safety isn't tied to your tires, just drive your truck with the OEM Goodyears on wet pavement and after you hydroplane all over the highway then we can talk some more about tire safety.
Jay
Obviously traction is dependent on tire grip on the given surface. I lol at safety as I have removed airbags from vehicles to save weight and so that they don't destroy the interior in a collision. I would be perfectly good with late 60's levels of safety features.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YUP, why even though I got my stock on with 6200 miles, next year gonna Get some Michelin Defenders or Defenders LT next year and get rid of these Goodyears stock junk....

OP
OP
local

local

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, I am not driving on stock tires. Don't know that these are any better but ok so far.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you think safety isn't tied to your tires, just drive your truck with the OEM Goodyears on wet pavement and after you hydroplane all over the highway then we can talk some more about tire safety.
Jay

Two things I never skimp on, tires and brakes.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Obviously traction is dependent on tire grip on the given surface. I lol at safety as I have removed airbags from vehicles to save weight and so that they don't destroy the interior in a collision. I would be perfectly good with late 60's levels of safety features.
:emotions33: Save weight lmao...... if your car crunches enough to set airbags off last of your worries are a few interior scratches hahahahahahaha. I’m loving this thread

OP
OP
local

local

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:emotions33: Save weight lmao...... if your car crunches enough to set airbags off last of your worries are a few interior scratches hahahahahahaha. I’m loving this thread
Get over it, that was a "junk" car where every single piece of interior was removed as well as the gas tank. Also known as a poor man's track car but still road legal... mostly.

I just don't get why people are so concerned over safety that's all. But now that this thread is completely derailed by all means let's run it into the ground.

I know it's my fault for saying anything about safety, I'll own that. But come on I am genuinely looking for help in what I can or should be doing to this truck. The only other truck I have modded at all was an old F-250 so not entirely relevant. If this was about 4th gen F-bodys I wouldn't need any assistance.

OP
OP
local

local

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Resist the urge. Use that bonus to pay down the truck.
I get $800 a month vehicle allowance, what I am paying per month is mostly irrelevant. Good advice though and I did consider it for about 5 minutes.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Get over it, that was a "junk" car where every single piece of interior was removed as well as the gas tank. Also known as a poor man's track car but still road legal... mostly.

I just don't get why people are so concerned over safety that's all. But now that this thread is completely derailed by all means let's run it into the ground.

I know it's my fault for saying anything about safety, I'll own that. But come on I am genuinely looking for help in what I can or should be doing to this truck. The only other truck I have modded at all was an old F-250 so not entirely relevant. If this was about 4th gen F-bodys I wouldn't need any assistance.

I said wheels and tires first because imho, that determines the look of the truck which will determine the bumpers and steps you choose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pakvalet01