Help removing residue from spray in bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WISluggo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a factory spray in liner, and it looks like I have got wax residue all around the upper rm of the bed (I am guess I touched it while I was waxing)

The sealant is Blackfire Wet Diamond, and so far simple green and goo gone wont remove the chalking. I do have some Adams APC on the way, but any other suggestions?

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
mothers back to black seems to get it out of my black plastics when i get wax on them.

OP
OP
W

WISluggo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did a little experiment. On the tailgate area I used Mother's back to black, on one rail I used wd40, and on the last rail I used nothing. So far, the two experiment rails look better but I am not sure if the residue was removed or just covered up. It is supposed to rain here this week so we will see if it holds up.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah mothers tends to just cover it up, after a few good rain storms a few spots i have pop back up. i am not sure on anything that would remove it. there should be something. i know just washing with water and scrubbing does not work.

Simultaneous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Peanut butter got it off my jeep fenders... So for plastics I would assume would work, on bed liner itself I dunno if it would work or not or mess it up in some way...

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Adams All Purpose Cleaner (the stuff is STRONG) or peanut butter...

Spray it on, let it dwell, scrub and rinse. Keep in mind, APC will remove sealants and wax on the paint too!

Use a sealant that doesn't leave behind anything. Adams Quick Sealant can literally be applied to plastics and rubbers as well as paint (of course), lasts up to 6 months with a single application and is easier than easy to apply and remove.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this is a little late in the process, but next time you wax you might think about running a piece of masking tape along the edge next to the bed liner, that should keep the wax off of that surface.
Jay

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
You can use a degreaser with the help of a nylon brush. Just keep everything wet while scrubbing the residue.

OP
OP
W

WISluggo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well wd40 and back to black washed off, but my Adams order arrived today to I will give that a whirl tomorrow.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. I've read great praises of BFWD, and always wanted to try it. At that price, it shouldn't stain trim. It's no longer on my wish list.