Help! the Bilsteins + rake are killing me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think the confusion is that some are talking about the actual "strut spacer" used to simply lower the upper mount of the stock (or equivalent) strut and others are talking about the "spacer" lift/level piece they are using to provide lift.

OP.. in those instructions, the piece in photo 36 is garbage. Trash that thing. The piece in photo 37 (the big spacer) is legit.

And yes if you have both, its going to be a terrible ride.

Also, as stated earlier, ALL the standard ifs lifts have strut spacers to bring down the upper mounting location (unless its something like the BDS coilover kit). But even then its the same principal, the lower mount is lowered by 6" and you need some way to bolt the top back in. So either a spacer or you get a strut/coilover that's 6" longer so it fits.

Last edited:

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
As a number of other guys already stated, get rid of the preload spacer. Preload spacers should never be installed with Bilsteins as the adjustable setting on the Bilsteins is preloading the spring for the additional lift.

You shouldn't need the Bilsteins at 2.8" to level out a 6" RCX lift. However this is also the first I've ever seen of an RCX lift having a preload spacer; their old kits did not. On old RCX kits Bilsteins at 1.4" leveled them out. With this preload spacer I'd guess the measurements will be very similar to the Zone kit and the Bilsteins will need to be at 2.1".

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Preload spacers should never be installed with Bilsteins as the adjustable setting on the Bilsteins is preloading the spring for the additional lift.

However this is also the first I've ever seen of an RCX lift having a preload spacer; their old kits did not.

My kit has the preload spacer and lift spacer setup the same as the OP.

So when I do install bils I will need to remove the preload spacer correct?

Just tryin to do this **** right the first time lol

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My kit has the preload spacer and lift spacer setup the same as the OP.

So when I do install bils I will need to remove the preload spacer correct?

Just tryin to do this **** right the first time lol

Yes you will want to remove the preload spacer. It'll be easy since you'll already have the strut apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk