Help with pcv valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tattooed3177

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
id like to change my pcv valve which I found out is under the intake manifold cover , but how in the world do you get the cover off ?? or if im not looking in the right place so help would be great

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
id like to change my pcv valve which I found out is under the intake manifold cover , but how in the world do you get the cover off ?? or if im not looking in the right place so help would be great

This post is old, but there should be 2 bolts holding it on. 1 by the oil fill and 1 by the ATS.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yup, 2 bolts to take the stock air intake or "hemi hat" off the engine. Be careful of the gasket that goes between the hat and the throttle body as it can be a royal pain when reinstalling it. Replace it if the gasket is broken. My 2004 had an orange gasket that broke and I got a new one from the dealer which was blue.

Once you have that off, the PCV valve is on the left side of the throttle body (as seen from the driver seat perspective) and is on top of the intake manifold. You twist it out (might need pliers to assist with that!) and then install the new one the same way.