Help With Touchscreen Radio/Kilometers to Miles/Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoscowMuell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Everyone,

New member here. I have a situation that I have spent a lot of time researching and could really use some assistance from anyone knowledgeable out there! I have a 2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn with a 5" touchscreen. A couple of months ago, the screen got stuck on the RAM logo Splash screen. I have found out that this is a fairly common problem. I disconnected the battery to see if that would reset things, but no luck. Here's the problem - when I did that, it reset all of my settings obviously. This is a Canadian truck, so the default measurements are Metric. Kilometers for the speedometer, Celsius for the temperature, etc.

The only way that I know of to change that setting, is through the touchscreen. My first question is does anyone know of a way for me to change this without using the touchscreen???

My next question is related to replacing the infotainment screen. I disassembled my center console to find the part number for my radio. Part # P68226685AC. I think my options are to either find a used OEM radio with the same part number on Ebay (run about $500-$600 on average if you can find it) or I can always replace with a 3rd party.

If I go the 3rd party route, do I run the risk of not being able to change the units of measurement? I doubt that will be an option through a 3rd party screen? Does anyone have a suggested website where I can find compatible 3rd party radios? Will my steering wheel controls and Bluetooth still work?

I apologize for my ignorance. I truly have done my best to research this as best as I could on my own, but I'm at a total loss. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. It's obviously a frustrating experience and I just feel lost at this point. Trying to avoid going to the dealership and overpaying for help. Thanks everyone in advance! :)

P.S. I can provide any pictures if necessary.