Hemi exhaust manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramglide15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Amy ideas of better replacement than stock exhaust manifolds for the 5.7 hemi? Has anyone used the bd exhaust manifolds. Looking to prevent further issues and would like to have better flow if possible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230501_115308_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230501_115308_Chrome.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 9

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Headers. Jba, afe or American racing headers are to name a few decent brands. Stay away from The cheap Chinese stuff like bbk, their warranty is non existent and their welds leak after a couple Months. Nothin like paying and doing it twice haha.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cheapest fix is to sand or machine your old stock manifolds back to flat and put back on with new gaskets and bolts.

See this thread.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Either Shorty or Long tube headers. A qualtiy set will have thick steel flanges that wont warp like the stock manifolds. Plus you can gain some power while preventing exhaust leaks and snapped manifold bolts!

message me if you would like a quote on something.

stompson75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The cheapest fix is to sand or machine your old stock manifolds back to flat and put back on with new gaskets and bolts.

See this thread.

This was the rout I planned on going. I bought Remflex gaskets and the “upgraded” bolts from the dealership. The bolts were $362. So for about $400 this was the option unless I went with the ARP bolts ($60)which didn’t include the 8 bolts that hold the heat shield.

Then I saw BD was having a sale today for $460. I returned the $400 in bolts and gaskets I bought and pulled the trigger on the BD kit that includes everything. I figure I can still Mill my old manifolds down and sell them to someone pretty cheap, and about break even.

Not expecting any performance gains, but I’m hoping their marketing is honest, and they should be far less prone to warping. Time will tell I suppose.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I used everbuilt hardware from Amazon and belt-sanded mine best I could, cost $90 for hardware and gaskets (Fel-Pro from RockAuto, I wasn't up-to-date on how awesome Remflex gaskets are).

For $362 for the bolts, did you get a complimentary tube of Astro-glide? Damn, thats alot for just bolts. Glad you returned them.