Hemi Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reynaldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I own a 2005 4.7 Liter Dodge Ram 1500 with around 250k miles and i have been thinking of swapping a hemi into it. I have read that the transmission fits perfectly, but i will have to do some moving around. I have also read that the 2005 year is the best for this swap. I do enjoy the 4.7 but i just don't think it has much power especially after 250k miles. What would have to be done for this swap? & is it a good idea?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have you at 17 performed many non-stock engine transplants that require extensive electrical/electronic surgery?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello, I own a 2005 4.7 Liter Dodge Ram 1500 with around 250k miles and i have been thinking of swapping a hemi into it. I have read that the transmission fits perfectly, but i will have to do some moving around. I have also read that the 2005 year is the best for this swap. I do enjoy the 4.7 but i just don't think it has much power especially after 250k miles. What would have to be done for this swap? & is it a good idea?
It's always a good idea to go for more power haha. The 2005 MY is probably the best of the 2003-2008 trucks for the swap. The easiest way to do this is by finding a donor vehicle and robbing everything from it.

You will need the engine, PCM, engine harness, headlamp to instrument panel harness. The PCM will need to be programmed with your VIN and mileage.

The A/C compressor lines will either need some finessing or buy/swap over the lines from a donor truck. Motor mounts from the HEMI truck will work fine. You will need a y-pipe from the HEMI truck because the 4.7
y-pipe is different or you could go with long tube headers and have an exhaust shop finish out the rest of the exhaust for you.

Fuel line connection to the fuel rail will require modifications. I'm sure there are some other things I am forgetting but when I remember I'll post them for you. Good luck and happy engine swapping!!

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So in short, either buy a 2003-2008 5.7 hemi. Or if your feeling adventurous and your feeling like you can take a lot names and kick some serious ass. Do the swap and enjoy something you put hard work into. Good luck man

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Could always put a fresh 4.7 in and boost it: http://www.airram.com/gallery.php?categoryid=18

212.jpg