Hemi throttle body on 4.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I'm curious to see if a stock hemi throttle body will fit on a 4.7L the stock hemi throttle body is 80mm and the 4.7L stock intake manifold opening is 80mm so would not need to port my stock throttle body if the stock hemi TB would bolt up.. the stock 4.7 TB is 73mm so would most likely need a custom tune.. which my truck is already tuned and my tuner is custom tune able so not to much of an issue there dose anyone have a stock hemi TB they can get the bolt pattern off of.. I know both TB use the same stock bolt .. not sure about the electric connector if same or not

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Ok so I'm curious to see if a stock hemi throttle body will fit on a 4.7L the stock hemi throttle body is 80mm and the 4.7L stock intake manifold opening is 80mm so would not need to port my stock throttle body if the stock hemi TB would bolt up.. the stock 4.7 TB is 73mm so would most likely need a custom tune.. which my truck is already tuned and my tuner is custom tune able so not to much of an issue there dose anyone have a stock hemi TB they can get the bolt pattern off of.. I know both TB use the same stock bolt .. not sure about the electric connector if same or not

I'm guessing you'll just need to make an adapter.

I used this one to go from hemi 80mm to Hellcat 92mm. It's made by MMX

20190526_075319.jpg

For the life of me I cannot find my stock TB.

Without taking everything apart the bevel area is where the screws will go into the intake manifold.

Then the gasket and Hellcat TB will install in the other bolt hole locations.

20190519_195121.jpg

Favorite hellcat piece so far.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'll see if I can find a hemi TB at a salvage yard and post my finding

Moes used to sell a ported 4.7 TB,might be another option to look into.I ran one on my old 2013 4.7,after i knife edged the blade and trimmed the shaft down,it did did make a "very" slight differance in the truck above 4,000 rpm,under that not really any noticable gains. If you don't have a catch can on it,well worth putting one on it,as the little 4.7's love rpm,and they can really benefit from a catch can.****** pic,but this was the Moroso catch can on my old 4.7

007.JPG

Modded Air Raid box with a homemade top AKA similiar to an S&B box,and fed by a 3" ram air tube mounted in the front bumper cut-outs.With all readily available off the shelf bolt-ons with a Magnaflow catback,after 5 hours of dyno time,the little motor put down 250 rwhp,and would give most stock untuned hemi's a run for their money to 105 mph,then easily pass them after that.Little truck would easily run in excess of 130 mph,and beat up on alot of stock stuff wide open,lol.
008.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Commander 06

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moes used to sell a ported 4.7 TB,might be another option to look into.I ran one on my old 2013 4.7,after i knife edged the blade and trimmed the shaft down,it did did make a "very" slight differance in the truck above 4,000 rpm,under that not really any noticable gains. If you don't have a catch can on it,well worth putting one on it,as the little 4.7's love rpm,and they can really benefit from a catch can.****** pic,but this was the Moroso catch can on my old 4.7

View attachment 237246

Modded Air Raid box with a homemade top AKA similiar to an S&B box,and fed by a 3" ram air tube mounted in the front bumper cut-outs.With all readily available off the shelf bolt-ons with a Magnaflow catback,after 5 hours of dyno time,the little motor put down 250 rwhp,and would give most stock untuned hemi's a run for their money to 105 mph,then easily pass them after that.Little truck would easily run in excess of 130 mph,and beat up on alot of stock stuff wide open,lol.
View attachment 237247
I am tuned with diablo 93 cat back exhaust and drop in k&n raced my buddy with a tuned hemi roll race and pulled away from him the 4.7 is vary under rated

OP
OP
Commander 06

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Am also looking to find a smooth 4" air tube that I can put from the stock air box to throttle body and get rid of the silencer box in-between the two.. I find the stock air box flows good air the restrictions is in the stock air tube and the silencer box

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Go to your local hardware or home improvement store and start looking at their selection of PVC piping.In a pinch you can use an old bicycle or car tire inner tube and add another couple big hose clamps to seal up the junction between the PCV tubing the TB and airbox if you can't find anything else. Air Raid at one point in time had a universal intake tube that you could cut to fit,might be worth digging around and seeing if they still have something along those lines.

010.JPG

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Go to the hardware store and get a 3inch 90 degree elbow and a pvc pipe same diameter and a pass through coupler as shown in the pictures. I drilled a small hole for the IAT sensor and painted the pvc pipe black to hide the scratches.

I have a high flow filter in the air box.

The truck breathes easier at higher rpm and you can hear the intake sound more.

Note: the hose going above the elbow is for my oil catch can. Sorry the engine looks dirty. Its mild temps and slushy out.

20210222_103335.jpg

20210222_103339.jpg

Last edited: