Hernando county, fl. 2016 1500 in need of tuner/calibrator for wheels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikey G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I live in Hernando County, FL, and i cannot find a single place that has a speedometer calibrator for my oversize tires. I bought a 2016 ram 1500 3.6L that had pre-installed aftermarket rims/tires that were not calibrated to the speedometer/odometer and not a single dealership had the tool to do it apparently, and i called 10-15 different shops/speed shops and they also did not have the tool needed. I was told to just purchase a tuner myself but mine requires an ecm upgrade before i even buy a tuner, then im in over $1k. I'm new to this category so please don't be harsh, THANKS!

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
What size did you go with? The dealer should be able to make some adjustments within reason

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Most gps can show the speed on the display. There’s also some apps for speedometers

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Hernando County! I have family in Spring Hill. Have you looked into the rough county calibrator? Runs about $140 bucks and works on 2016 RAM 1500’s. Don’t need a tuner and all that stuff.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I live in Hernando County, FL, and i cannot find a single place that has a speedometer calibrator for my oversize tires. I bought a 2016 ram 1500 3.6L that had pre-installed aftermarket rims/tires that were not calibrated to the speedometer/odometer and not a single dealership had the tool to do it apparently, and i called 10-15 different shops/speed shops and they also did not have the tool needed. I was told to just purchase a tuner myself but mine requires an ecm upgrade before i even buy a tuner, then im in over $1k. I'm new to this category so please don't be harsh, THANKS!

Just so there is no confusion for you are anybody that does want to go the tuner route. You need an unlocked pcm not ecm

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Get yourself the AlphaOBD program and a MX dongle. You can use them to set the diameter of your tires in the body control module (BCM) and compensate for the larger tires. I went from factory to 35" Toyo A/Ts and used the software to adjust/calibrate. Am spot on MPH to handheld GPS and now it shifts like a dream! Best mod money spent by far!
Search the forum or head over to the DIY section to read up on the program and known working changes. You'll be glad you did!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the "Hemi Truck Club" for "keith" He is a tuner in Fld and does a great job on performance related issues.
Jay