HID install/headlight removal made easy! TRS Morimoto Elite kit w/ stock projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IVe heard that there is issues with teh 2015's for Hids..does anyone know anything about that?

With a 2015+ designed kit there are no issues whatsoever. Been running mine for months and it works flawlessly

OP
OP
620mac

620mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you get these fog bulbs, which are awesome, be sure to get 6000k bulbs. They match perfectly.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like how you did the light removal and I'm glad that works for you. I don't mind taking the grill off though; it's only four screws and to a guy thats retired I enjoy acting like I know what I'm doing.
For adding lights it also gives me more options to mount stuff and run wiring because I can see everything.
Great write up and awesome alternative to those that aren't comfortable with taking of the grill...

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
First, for the headlight removal, there is one clip and 2 bolts to remove the headlight, and it takes like 3 minutes per side if you do it right.

Remove this top bolt, and if you use a light and look down towards the bottom through the little hole by the top corner of the light, you'll see the bottom bolt, same color, should stand out.

That bolt does NOT come all the way out, it stays attached on the bottom, so you don't have to worry about losing it. Just wiggle the light out, and you will need to pop the back out with a screwdriver, makes it much easier. Suggest using a rag.

After popping the back, wiggle it, work it, and it will come out. As you can see, my grille is definitely still in there. Magical huh? Total waste of time to remove your grille.

Worked great. Thanks.

I can see it could be quite a bit harder to get them back in, but I guess the worst case scenario is that you end up removing the grill.