Honking when exit with FOB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milkman424m

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just got my 2022 Night edition big horn. If I jump out to grab mail or anything else quick while the engine is running and fob in pocket it honks 3 times. I’m sure as a reminder it’s running. Anybody know of a unwritten way to disable this? (Such as the seat belt chime) I haven’t been able to figure it out yet

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
So I just got my 2022 Night edition big horn. If I jump out to grab mail or anything else quick while the engine is running and fob in pocket it honks 3 times. I’m sure as a reminder it’s running. Anybody know of a unwritten way to disable this? (Such as the seat belt chime) I haven’t been able to figure it out yet
I'm pretty sure that is a setting in the radio 'settings' app that you can deselect if you don't want it

OP
OP
M

Milkman424m

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm pretty sure that is a setting in the radio 'settings' app that you can deselect if you don't want it
Certainly haven’t been able to find anything in the settings. Dealers response was “that’s a new one” so they’re no help

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Certainly haven’t been able to find anything in the settings. Dealers response was “that’s a new one” so they’re no help
I must be thinking of something else then. Usually the three honks are for when you shut the truck off and try and lock the truck with the fob still inside. Not sure what could be causing your issue, I'll be curious to see what others say

OP
OP
M

Milkman424m

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I must be thinking of something else then. Usually the three honks are for when you shut the truck off and try and lock the truck with the fob still inside. Not sure what could be causing your issue, I'll be curious to see what others say
It’s more like it’s saying “hey you forgot to shut the truck off” or something. But when it’s cold I don’t want to shut it off for 30 seconds then restart it. It’s just annoying at this point

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
It’s more like it’s saying “hey you forgot to shut the truck off” or something. But when it’s cold I don’t want to shut it off for 30 seconds then restart it. It’s just annoying at this point
Agreed, I disabled all the honks in my settings.

Aking21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I hope someone or somehow it is found out how to shut this off. Flash the light, that's fine. Super annoying. Jump out of truck to hook a trailer and all the neighbors look.

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From the 2022 Manual:

Key Left Vehicle Feature
If a valid key fob is no longer detected inside the vehicle while the vehicle’s ignition system is in the ON/RUN or START position, the message “Key Left Vehicle” will be shown in the instrument cluster display along with an interior chime. An exterior audible and visual alert will also be activated to warn the driver.
The vehicle’s horn will rapidly chirp three times along with a single flash of the vehicle’s exterior lights.
NOTE:
 The doors have to be open and then closed in order for the vehicle to check for the presence of a key fob; the Key Left Vehicle feature will not activate until all of the doors are closed.
 These alerts will not be activated in situations where the vehicle’s engine is left running with the key fob inside.

It makes no mention of turning it off. I also read through all of the Uconnect settings, and nothing is mentioned about it there. I guess the only way to stop it is to leave the fob in the vehicle (not exactly secure or safe) or leave the door open (also not secure or safe).