Hood Decal Damage.... Warranty Claim Denied

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did they explain why it is not covered under the 36/36 bumper to bumper? I had the “b” puller tape replaced on my truck twice under warranty. Paint and emblem defect should be covered under the bumper to bumper IMHO.
same here replaced the same both sides of the pillar .the truck should be covered It is called fit and finish, just a J O manager. Because they would have to send out to a body shop to take off old and install new.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After pushing back at the dealer. It sounds like the warranty service writer just didn’t want to repair it. The service manage is now going to coordinate getting the decal replaced.

Once I have a actual appointment I feel better about the prospects of the repair.
tell them you want to open a star case with FCA and write down everyone's name involved. keep notes Good luck brother

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That vinyl should be covered unless you were using an ice scraper on it and i kind of doubt that. I know where you live gets pretty f-ing cold-but i doubt you poured hot water over it. I do know that when you use the high pressure washers you have to be very careful on the decals as to not aim them at the side of where the decal ends and the paint is if i am wording it properly. You need to spray on the top and not at a sharp angle that could lift the decal. That said -if it is a lifting issue then they will have to be redone in a warm shop. And if it does end up coming out of your pocket then please dont buy a **** kit off amazon or e-bay-it wont last especially in Alaska. 3M 1080p automotive vinyl is what you want-its what the pros use. All mine are that -8yrs-no fading,shrinking,bubbles etc. That being said you also have to be careful waxing because they dont like it and you can create a build up on the edge. All that being said-a dealer who gives a **** should atleast redo it labor free-and you pay for the vinyl-just no chinese **** please.DSC00560.JPG

Ron LaJeunesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If the dealer will not help you, get an estimate and send it to them with a polite letter explaining if they do not honor the warranty you will have no choice but to file a claim in local small claims court and inform the better business bureau that you feel that you are being treated unfairly. Most dealers will respond...
When I bought my PowerWagon the winch kit was missing and I did the same thing... I ended up obtaining one for free at my local dealer because I reached out directly to the dealer and wrote a letter to RAM. Dealers do not want to go to small claims court, or pay an attorney to go there...

OP
OP
TXTONKA

TXTONKA

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just a follow-up... After enough pushing the dealer finally approved the repair. Unfortunately after the shop removed the hood decal, they noticed the replacement decal was damaged in shipment.

Though the new decal is on order and since they have already removed the original one, I have no doubt it will get replaced. It's just surprising that I had to push the dealer for over a month to get this repair approved.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Just a follow-up... After enough pushing the dealer finally approved the repair. Unfortunately after the shop removed the hood decal, they noticed the replacement decal was damaged in shipment.

Though the new decal is on order and since they have already removed the original one, I have no doubt it will get replaced. It's just surprising that I had to push the dealer for over a month to get this repair approved.
When I had my steering wheel replaced under warranty the service tech said this is a “good paying job” and will get the new one ordered today.
So if the job size depicts the availability or the hassle/worthiness to the service tech, then to replace the hood decal, it will be very low on the list. So low that there would have to be at epidemic that would cause very low volume to take place to even consider something so small.;)
We have guys that work for the dealerships that could weigh in on this theory.

OP
OP
TXTONKA

TXTONKA

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I agree. This repair would have be very low priority for our dealer, since our local dealer does not do body work they had to coordinate with a body shop to do the removal and installation. So I'm guessing unless they markup the vendor bill the dealer might not actually get any money off this repair.