Hooking to the sled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billymac830

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi .7
Hey guys this Is my first thread on here I have 2013 hemi with bolt ons tune exhaust intake... Im hooking to the sled at the local fair come summer and was curious to see if anyone else has and how the 2013's or even 12's are doing and my main question is what gear are you guys leaving in and what 4wd option being there is a couple now such as auto and what not any feed back would be great.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Welcome to the forum. When you say sled are you talking about a tractor pull type sled? I have never seen a gas burner pickup at a tractor pull. I wouldn't think they'd do very well. I may be wrong. It would certainly be something to see, though!! Maybe someone will chime in now that the holidays are past. I will keep an eye on this thread.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
4wd low, traction control off(once in 4wd hold the traction off button for about ten seconds it will pop up that it shut off), tow/haul mode on, and not sure about gear but i'd say maybe 3rd

good luck and post videos

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sounds like a good way to break something. Best of luck though. My boys love to go to the Tractor pull.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sounds fun hope nothing breaks.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are you going to hook the sled to? The tow hitch? Are you installing frame mounted tow hooks? Can you post a video of it after? LOL

aplineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have friends that pull all the time, some using gas engines in the stock class. I think that when they pull with an automatic tranny, that they go in low range and just shift it manually. You will know when you shouldn't allow it to shift anymore. Track conditions mean everything. If it would happen to downshift, don't allow it to shift back up again.