Horn not working when pushing the steering wheel.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

persuazion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Well I noticed that my horn is not working when pushing the steering wheel. It still sound when locking and unlocking so I know it has something to do with the wheel. About a year ago the button seemed to "move around" within the steering wheel. Meaning that it wasn't dead center anymore and if you pushed around the sides of the wheel it would sound. Not its not doing it at all and my inspection is due this month. I know the whole horn/steering wheel/airbag assembly costs an arm and a leg so I was wondering what else I could do to pass inspection? Thanks for any help.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Horn pad is shot; replace the airbag (it's integral). They can be had used fairly inexpensive, though (around here at least) junkyards won't sell them due to the recalls. I have purchased two off ebay; found out the hard way that one of them worked just fine. Of course, you have to be willing to replace it or have someone who will do it for you.

Later2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did your RAM have a recall for the airbags?
My '04 did, dealer replaced both driver and passenger airbags.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did your RAM have a recall for the airbags?
My '04 did, dealer replaced both driver and passenger airbags.

That's for inflator, not the actual airbag itself