how about no tip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
so after trying a third black exhaust tip...all of which flaked quickly. I am considering going without. Currently running solo delete pipe on my 6.4 and have been thinking about removing resonator. With that in mind what do yall think about just taking it off and letting exhaust out under the bed...no resonator or tip? Gets rid of eyesore resonator and gains a tad of ground clearance in the rear.

thoughts?

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i like it. Did the same thing with my first 6.4 hemi after trying all the black tips i could find. also, i did end up ordering a bottle of ceramic pro to coat my last tip and it worked decently.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
so after trying a third black exhaust tip...all of which flaked quickly. I am considering going without. Currently running solo delete pipe on my 6.4 and have been thinking about removing resonator. With that in mind what do yall think about just taking it off and letting exhaust out under the bed...no resonator or tip? Gets rid of eyesore resonator and gains a tad of ground clearance in the rear.

thoughts?

Dude... SOLO Performance needs a test vehicle with the 6.4l as they are actually interested in a high clearance tail pipe for our trucks. Specifically aimed at getting rid of that disgusting resonator! i think it is needed in New York, for 1 day only. thats not far from you!!! :)

@Nick@GotExhaust set this up for us. But it looks like he is struggling with finding someone with a ram 2500 to do test fitting

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I sprayed my tailpipe and resonator with high heat black grill paint when I bought the truck back in 2015. It's still holding up fine 6 years later and it helped to "hide" the resonator because it now blends in with the other black chassis componenets.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you cut the resonator off and leave as much pipe as possible after it, you still chance melting some wiring at the rear bumper from the heat (seen it done). I would recommend adding at least a short tip once you do cut it off to at least get the exhaust pointed down and a little lower.