How do you remove the panel under the hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdvespa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to use the windshield washer today and noticed they were not working but fluid coming out if the corner of the hood. I assume the line has a break. So how do I remove the liner without damaging it. How do you remove the clips holding it in place to gain access to the lines to the washer fluid nozzles

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Have you looked under the hood yet? The break is usually right at the hinge. The plastic lines are junk. I've had good luck using vacuum hose to jump across the break.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

hdvespa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you looked under the hood yet? The break is usually right at the hinge. The plastic lines are junk. I've had good luck using vacuum hose to jump across the break.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
OP
OP
H

hdvespa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well one of the ports broke at the nozzle and while messing with the hose I broke the other nozzle. Now I need to replace both nozzles. Any recommendations on which ones to buy and from where

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Well one of the ports broke at the nozzle and while messing with the hose I broke the other nozzle. Now I need to replace both nozzles. Any recommendations on which ones to buy and from where
I believe Dorman has a pair and they usually make a good product and your local auto parts store may have them in stock

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Easy to do, but do them both. Heat causes the plastic to dry and become brittle over time. You'll likely need to adjust the spray afterwards to direct it where you want it to hit on the windshield as well. Just use a safety pin or the like :waytogo:

Elvira

Reaction score
I had to use a tool that is used for an entirely different job. But it did work perfectly, you could use side cutters if you are gentle not to cut the plastic peg. The picture will give you an idea of the tool needed.

Attachments

• Brake Tool.jpg
    Brake Tool.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: