How open DPF regeneration occur?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleDaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi everyone,

My name is Joey. I have 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, and it's about 16000 miles now. Recently, I noticed the DPF gauge went up about 15%, and I drove high-way 40 miles above 60 miles per hour. But while I was driving, it went up about 45%. I know that regeneration occurs normally in high-way with high speed(temperature), but it went up. Does anyone know why? And does anyone how often the Ram regeneration occur? Is there specific mileage, or time?

Thank you.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Active regens will happen two ways. First, if soot % gets high enough. Second, every 24-25 engine hours, even if the gauge reads zero. I wouldn't be too concerned about the gauge rising, as long as regens are kicking off as planned.

OP
OP
S

SeattleDaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Active regens will happen two ways. First, if soot % gets high enough. Second, every 24-25 engine hours, even if the gauge reads zero. I wouldn't be too concerned about the gauge rising, as long as regens are kicking off as planned.
Wow, thank you for your quick response. I used to work at Jaguar Land Rover as a tech, and I'm trying to learn more about diesel system.

Thank you so much.