Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FiverPuller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
2019 Ram 3500 purchased new December 2019 it has run flawlessly for 46,000 plus miles pulling my 40' fifth wheel. Not once has the "Regeneration in Progress" come on.

Fast forward to last month when I took it in for the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) Recall. After installing the previous generation Bosch CP-3 fuel pump the "Exhaust system regeneration in progress continue driving" message has shown up 3 different times.

My thoughts are the truck does not operate as it should with a fuel pump that was not designed or engineered for this particular engine.... it was designed for the Bosch CP-4 fuel pump. I too have notice a downgrade in fuel mileage!

Any thoughts apperciated.

Gary Hogan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2019 also has 46k miles and is in dealer service now for frequent regeneration issues. They had already replaced the cp4 pump with the cp3 in effort to fix this problem but clearly didn’t. They are calling Chrysler for guidance. This is my third time in with this issue. Btw, the increased fuel consumption is likely due to the increased number of regeneration cycles based on my experience.

OP
OP
FiverPuller

FiverPuller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
My 2019 also has 46k miles and is in dealer service now for frequent regeneration issues. They had already replaced the cp4 pump with the cp3 in effort to fix this problem but clearly didn’t. They are calling Chrysler for guidance. This is my third time in with this issue. Btw, the increased fuel consumption is likely due to the increased number of regeneration cycles based on my experience.
Yep... as a follow up to my initial post... the check engine light has now come on twice stating "Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Frequency" I have a "code reader" that tells me this... then I just clear the code, or hey I could take the truck in and they could charge me a $1,000 and tell me they could not find the problem!!!

I really have given thought to having them put the C-4 fuel pump back on. Obviously the truck was not meant to be matched with the C-3 pump!