How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRam1500JP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally got around to ordering and installing my driver door handle, but so far it isn’t working. I’ve made sure the wires match up, but something doesn’t seem right.

If I press the button on the handle to lock the doors, the DIC will say door open, but none of the doors are indicated as open (and none of them are open). Grabbing the handle to unlock isn’t working either.

I had the push to start working since last summer, and while I haven’t tried starting it since installing the handle, I was able to turn the ignition to accessory and then run without issue.

I tried the handle verification in Alfa, and it says not ok for all doors. Interestingly, it also shows 0 fobs if I do the Locate Learned Fobs test.

Is it maybe because I don’t have the passenger door handle?’ Any other ideas of things I can check?

RedRam1500JP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally got around to ordering and installing my driver door handle, but so far it isn’t working. I’ve made sure the wires match up, but something doesn’t seem right.

If I press the button on the handle to lock the doors, the DIC will say door open, but none of the doors are indicated as open (and none of them are open). Grabbing the handle to unlock isn’t working either.

I had the push to start working since last summer, and while I haven’t tried starting it since installing the handle, I was able to turn the ignition to accessory and then run without issue.

I tried the handle verification in Alfa, and it says not ok for all doors. Interestingly, it also shows 0 fobs if I do the Locate Learned Fobs test.

Is it maybe because I don’t have the passenger door handle?’ Any other ideas of things I can check?

Got the issue figured out. Apparently when I was doing the upgrade and I reinstalled the drivers side rear seat I crushed the drivers side harness under the seat bracket by the cab corner. Was able to repair it, and after a bit of additional troubleshooting, now everything is working perfectly. Many thanks to DoughRat19 for his help in troubleshooting.

Something interesting I found during this process was that, on my drive side entry antenna at least, the wires work either way they are connected. I had them swapped to see if that was the issue, and it ended up being something else. After I got it working I remembered they were still swapped, so I swapped them back just to see, expecting it to not work. However, to my surprise it still works. No fault codes or anything, and everything working like it should.

BucketGruntJL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Any leads on the C2 connector for the hub? Mouser is showing non stock and TE Connectivity is showing backorder. Got the "free sample" ordered but unsure on a timeframe for receiving

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish