How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi y'all, I want to do this on my 2014 outdoorsman 1500, Quad Cab. Do I need a new RF hub? I don't have "factory remote start" or air suspension. The reason I say "factory remote start" is because I have a StartX kit on it, works great. I'm not opposed to buying the factory remote start kit, and in all honesty if that makes my life easier, price isn't an issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here’s a video I did on the rf hubs. You will need a new rf hub. You also may need your start-x reprogrammed after the upgrade. I had to have my viper remote start reprogrammed for a push button truck.

GarrettH41428

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s a video I did on the rf hubs. You will need a new rf hub. You also may need your start-x reprogrammed after the upgrade. I had to have my viper remote start reprogrammed for a push button truck.
Okay Awesome, so I was looking into it, I am going to go ahead and just add the factory remote start into the truck and take out the start-x. My question is, on the remote start kit, it says it only works for the tip-start style ignition switches, where do I find a style that will work for the push button start? I greatly appreciate your help sir.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay Awesome, so I was looking into it, I am going to go ahead and just add the factory remote start into the truck and take out the start-x. My question is, on the remote start kit, it says it only works for the tip-start style ignition switches, where do I find a style that will work for the push button start? I greatly appreciate your help sir.
Factory remote start will work on turn key and push button. The only rams it won’t work on are standards.

JoneZey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory remote start will work on turn key and push button. The only rams it won’t work on are standards.
Does that mean if I have a 2018 with factory remote start and entry I can simply replace the ignition switch and reprogram the new FOBS?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does that mean if I have a 2018 with factory remote start and entry I can simply replace the ignition switch and reprogram the new FOBS?
No. His question was regarding adding factory remote start, my response is specific to remote start, not push button start/passive entry.

JoneZey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply! As soon as I get my security by pass plug for my OBD I'm going to read my hub number to see if I need a new one. I already have remote start and all in my 2018, just wondering if I have to replace the hub in order to go to puch button.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply! As soon as I get my security by pass plug for my OBD I'm going to read my hub number to see if I need a new one. I already have remote start and all in my 2018, just wondering if I have to replace the hub in order to go to puch button.
Please watch the video in post 1,941.

GarrettH41428

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay great, thank you very much. I was worried that there were two different types of remote start kits that I wasn't seeing. The one I was looking at said it only works for the tip-start style, and I didn't know if I couldn't find the push start version. Thanks for clarification.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay great, thank you very much. I was worried that there were two different types of remote start kits that I wasn't seeing. The one I was looking at said it only works for the tip-start style, and I didn't know if I couldn't find the push start version. Thanks for clarification.
As long as it is factory it doesn’t matter. If it’s aftermarket, that is when it matters.

Zyphyon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need some help, I've gotten to the part where I need to program my new fobs and I have my code from my old rf hub. Now when I go to program to the new hub alfaobd is asking for a 5 digit pin. I checked the version of alfaobd I have and it is the updated current version.

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful as of now I'm dead in the water.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need some help, I've gotten to the part where I need to program my new fobs and I have my code from my old rf hub. Now when I go to program to the new hub alfaobd is asking for a 5 digit pin. I checked the version of alfaobd I have and it is the updated current version.

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful as of now I'm dead in the water.
There is a bug in the current version of Alfaobd. Not sure if you’re using windows or android version but if you’re using android, uninstall alfaobd and see if you can install an older version from this link:

Soxfan291

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had any trouble getting the door handles to work? I have everything functional except for the door handles and can't figure out why they aren't working

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
Does anyone know where I can buy the 174910-2 connector or two (not 10k)? Or would someone will be willing to sell an extra one they have?

lebronjuanluis19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just need to know and I ve read through all of this forum, all I need to know is which rf hub will work? I have factory remote start and I'm wanting to add keyless entry and push to start with my remote start as well what is the right part number I will need and will It have to be a new one?

Please and thank you

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just need to know and I ve read through all of this forum, all I need to know is which rf hub will work? I have factory remote start and I'm wanting to add keyless entry and push to start with my remote start as well what is the right part number I will need and will It have to be a new one?

Please and thank you
Yes needs to be new without a VIN written to it already. I’ve confirmed that they all pretty much work across the years even though they are listed as year specific. Biggest thing you don’t want to do is order one that requires an external antenna if you currently have one with an internal antenna.

56029946AB is the latest hub and should work on any 2013+ 4th gen with an automatic transmission.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat