How to disengage auto park on a dial shifter when door is opened

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stormbringer99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how to disengage the transmission going into park every time the door is open on my ram?
Its very annoying when driving it up a hoist for oil change and can't look out the bottom of the door.
When the door is opened in drive, it automatically changes gears to Park, not a good thing really.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Either make it think the seat belt is buckled or if you can train yourself as such, keep the brake lights on. With the brakes on it won't auto-park.

OP
OP
Stormbringer99

Stormbringer99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, the simple solution is the extender. I'll start shopping for these.

Do both front seats need an extender or just driver side?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

DRam2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you keep your foot on the brake pedal it will remain in gear. Just enough pressure to make the brake lights stay on

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use to drive tractor trailers and used to open my driver's door backing into tight locations on a regular basis. So out of habit I was left backing in a trailer with my 1500 and opened my and bamm it all stops and I had NO clue what had happened, that feature annoys the **** out of me! Lol