How to fix 2020 RAM 5500 Black Radio Screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guido79

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM 5500 Chasis
Engine
Cumins 6.7 Diesel
Had to jump start a 2020 RAM 5500 6.7 diesel today. After getting the engine running, I noticed the radio would not come on and screen remained dark. Tried pressing power button, screen off button, and the following this reset procedure:
1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal
2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3) Let go of the buttons
4) Turn the vehicle off
5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6) Close door
7) Restart vehicle
8) Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present
So far none of the above has worked.

I’ve been searching for a radio fuse in the user manual and none is called out. Some older RAMs have referred to an inline 20A fuse hidden next to one of the batteries under the hood. I’ve yet to find any radio fuse.

Anyone have an idea for how I can fix?

Thanks for any help!

switters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the same problem—and a lot of other issues with the screen too. I described them in another thread. I'm calling the dealer this morning to see what they will say. Mine is a 2022 5.7 Hemi. I'll let you know what I find out.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used my truck to jump start someone’s car. 2017 1500. After that I started having weird buggy issues with the radio and computer. Truck kept popping up on the dash with a check engine light and electronics failures. I asked the dealer about it and they said to use a jump pack to jump start. Never another vehicle. The drain on the system is bad for the computer and a jump pack prevents that. They swapped my computer out for me and the tipm under warranty and had no more issues. The newer vehicle electronics don’t like surges.