How to replace Infinity Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mack

Mack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Ill give it a shot when headunit comes in, is that diagram linked with the infinity system?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
It should be I looked over it myself but seeing as I had the Kicker system I am not too sure.

OP
OP
Mack

Mack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Well I bypassed my amp, got a new headunit installed with a back up camera, didn't have to take amp but its just chillin there lol.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I bypassed my amp, got a new headunit installed with a back up camera, didn't have to take amp but its just chillin there lol.

Cool grats. I will keep looking for a way to remove the Infinity system from the loop. Someone out there has to have a way.

OP
OP
Mack

Mack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Well to be honest I have the amp sittin right here be side me haha, I cut the hard bolt out, it was more of a pain than I had thought. But the harness connected right in, had to trim it about 3/4. Only problem now is trying to get the new radio to stay in place, its wanting to slide back into the dash.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get the correct metra install kit for your new radio?? Here is a link to Car id that has the install kits: 2002 Dodge Ram Stereo Installation at CARiD.com

You will want one that ahs the side brackets that bolt to the side of your new radio. Something else that I had to do myself with my Metra kit was to glue the side pieces to the front piece because my Kentwood single din kept trying to slide out of the dash. Using the correct kit and making sure everything is installed and secure is always a must.

Cool_Hand_Luke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I'm trying to do the same thing. i bought cheap android GPS radio and im trying to install in in my 02 ram. it has 3 dash tweeters, 2 front door speakers and 2 rear speakers. i was told that only front speakers are running thru the amp but what about the tweeters? I bought cheap wire plug and plugged most cables and im getting sound on the rear and front dash speakers. I also bought a amp bypass harness to ma a job easier.
This is my beater truck and i don't want to upgrade speakers or spend any more money, i just want all speakers working.
my question is, do i need a crossover if the tweeters are hooked up straight from the deck?

Another question,semi related, how do you guys hook up steering wheel controls?
After doing some research online, i bought PAC SWC interface for almost $50 bux canadian. Does anyone have a video or instructions how to set it up in 02 dodge?
TIA