How to turn off governor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miklo84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My truck shuts down at 105 mph, how do I turn the governor off? Do I have to get it tuned? Or is there something I can do the remove the restriction?

Nick Redmond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck shuts down at 105 mph, how do I turn the governor off? Do I have to get it tuned? Or is there something I can do the remove the restriction?

I put a tuner on mine and on a 93 octane tune and some other mods the truck tops out at 147 with a 4in lift and 35in tires. But it feels pretty sketchy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Redmond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a tuner on mine and on a 93 octane tune and some other mods the truck tops out at 147 with a 4in lift and 35in tires. But it feels pretty sketchy

Edit. That was on a track[emoji16]

OP
OP
Miklo84

Miklo84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2015 ram rt, with a 2”x4” drop on 24s, it’s pretty solid on acceleration, and it doesn’t wobble, but at 105 mph it just feels like it has more. I haven’t tuned it yet, or done any major mods. Lowering kit, vararam cold air, super 40 flow master, and plugged up a pedal commander. I know if I get it tuned the pedal commander isn’t necessary, but I don’t want to void any of my warranty yet if possible.

Nick Redmond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 ram rt, with a 2”x4” drop on 24s, it’s pretty solid on acceleration, and it doesn’t wobble, but at 105 mph it just feels like it has more. I haven’t tuned it yet, or done any major mods. Lowering kit, vararam cold air, super 40 flow master, and plugged up a pedal commander. I know if I get it tuned the pedal commander isn’t necessary, but I don’t want to void any of my warranty yet if possible.

They definitely got more then 105. And on 24 streets should make a huge difference! The tires I got on my truck are mud tires that weigh 76lbs a piece

OP
OP
Miklo84

Miklo84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice! And yes I wanna make it to 36, but I wanna make it there a little faster than I am now! I had 2013 express, and loved the hell out of it but that truck was a **** compared to my 2015 RT with the 8 speed. I’m not trying to race it, but I wanna know if someone wants some, I can give the a challenge. I don’t wanna do a turbo charger, or super charger, I just want a quick daily driver, with an aggressive sound and stance. Something I can work on, once I get a new vehicle, I will start heavily modding this thing. Then it will be a weekend warrior, lol.

Nick Redmond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! And yes I wanna make it to 36, but I wanna make it there a little faster than I am now! I had 2013 express, and loved the hell out of it but that truck was a **** compared to my 2015 RT with the 8 speed. I’m not trying to race it, but I wanna know if someone wants some, I can give the a challenge. I don’t wanna do a turbo charger, or super charger, I just want a quick daily driver, with an aggressive sound and stance. Something I can work on, once I get a new vehicle, I will start heavily modding this thing. Then it will be a weekend warrior, lol.

You never know when you might need a little more! The tuner is a big difference itself! Get a custom tune from hemi fever and it’s a night and day difference! And if you need some help to justify spending the money the gas mileage is better with normal driving. I went from 11mpg to 17mpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
You never know when you might need a little more! The tuner is a big difference itself! Get a custom tune from hemi fever and it’s a night and day difference! And if you need some help to justify spending the money the gas mileage is better with normal driving. I went from 11mpg to 17mpg

I can second that. I have a Jay Greene tune, did cam and headers and man it's a massive difference. Definately recco. End a good tune.

OP
OP
Miklo84

Miklo84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hmmm. Sounds like I have some decisions to make as what I wanna do first now. I was thinking exterior mods, might need to start thinking headers and cam first with the tune.

Larryconn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So is there a way to bypass the governor using ALFA OBD or is a tuner the only way?

Anonymous57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 5.7. It's stops at 104 and won't go higher than 106. What tuner should I get and do you have any recommendations on a 93 octane tune? I'm not wanting to race necessarily but I'm just tired of the factory detune and the govener.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 5.7. It's stops at 104 and won't go higher than 106. What tuner should I get and do you have any recommendations on a 93 octane tune? I'm not wanting to race necessarily but I'm just tired of the factory detune and the govener.
Hp tuners and flyin Ryan or someone else. Don't do diablows they have issues.

Anonymous57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hp tuners and flyin Ryan or someone else. Don't do diablows they have issues.
Also, with it being stock is there a limit of how much hp it can handle before I blow the tranny?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
AlphaOBD has ha spot where you can adjust the max speed limit, with no other tunes. Never bothered trying to change mine but have seen the option while scrolling though the choices.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
AlphaOBD has ha spot where you can adjust the max speed limit, with no other tunes. Never bothered trying to change mine but have seen the option while scrolling though the choices.
That's what used to lift the limiter.